My External Applications for PSP

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

My External Applications for PSP

Postby OneDollarEarned » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm

I use the following programs in conjunction with ProShow Producer,

AVS4You Video Editor
AVS4You Audio Editor
AVS4You Photo Editor
Adobe Photo Elements v9
Adobe PhotoShop CS5
FastStone Image Viewer
FullShot Screen Capture
Nero Video 12

Re: My External Applications for PSP

Postby CharlesPearson » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:41 am

I use Photoshop CS6 as all my photos are RAW shot. I often use my Nik software plugins to enhance the photos, especially to age or convert to monochrome. Experimentation with some of the effects available seem endless and only limited by my imagination.

PSP is great for 'what to do with all the photos we take?' Not many friends/family really want to spend time looking at them but an audio visual presentation done reasonably well makes an interesting experience. I brought some scroll effect styles linked to the Photodex site and these are so professionally done and make for a good show. I won't mention any detail as I am not yet sure of the protocol on here.
My internet was down today so I had to spend time with my family. They seem like decent people!

Postby cherub » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 am

CharlesPearson wrote:I use Photoshop CS6 as all my photos are RAW shot. I often use my Nik software plugins to enhance the photos, especially to age or convert to monochrome. Experimentation with some of the effects available seem endless and only limited by my imagination.

PSP is great for 'what to do with all the photos we take?' Not many friends/family really want to spend time looking at them but an audio visual presentation done reasonably well makes an interesting experience. I brought some scroll effect styles linked to the Photodex site and these are so professionally done and make for a good show. I won't mention any detail as I am not yet sure of the protocol on here.

Hello Charles,
No doubt Photoshop is a great program (though I myself use PaintShop Pro :D ).
I just wanted to point out that if you just want to use a monochrome effect or an aging effect, you can do it straight from Producer itself.
Select the image layer in your slide, and then go to Adjustments (top of the window). Put a check mark on Colorize. The default is gray, so your image will instantly appear in black and white.
You can also adjust the other values, (contrast, white/black point) to make your image even more vivid.
To age a photo, you can colorize it in a shade of orange/brown.

Regarding the mentioning of the scrolling effects bought from SeeMona's Blog - you can mention my name freely. I am well known in this forum :D

Postby CharlesPearson » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:50 am

Hi Mona and thanks. Photography has always been my prime interest, hence the version of Photoshop CS6. I wasn't aware you were on here, though I guess it is natural as to produce those effects you must know a lot of PSP anyway. Those scrolls are really great and always get a wow reaction when anyone sees them.

Very best wishes
Charles
My internet was down today so I had to spend time with my family. They seem like decent people!

Postby Betty » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:36 am

I am happy to hear another person using Corel Paintshop Pro! I am having fun with that program as well as Producer 6.

Betty

Postby PhotoMill » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Oh, Betty...., I suspect that if the truth be known, there are very many of us out there using Paint Shop Pro. I've been a die hard proponent from way back when it was an early Jasc program. I examined (way back when) and ran trials from both companies. My findings back then were that they both did the exact same thing only one Adobe was about 900% more expensive. I went with the lesser costing one of course and have never looked back. For my prelim work on large numbers of photos, I do use Faststone. For the more refined work etc., (you know what I mean) I send a photo to be edited by "external editor" " Paint Shop Pro" !! Corel is certainly on top of the "cutting edge" of things.

...Steve

P.S. ... Regarding Faststone, I was so impressed with what this "free" program did, I ended up sending a donation to the author and have since been receiving updated code from them. Faststone is an awesome program for bulk editing. Found here at: www.faststone.org
Tax me...
I'm Canadian, eh?

Canon 50D & 70D, Epson 4990 Scanner, Epson R1800 printer
Lumapix, Paint Shop Pro X6, ProShow Producer 9
Video Studio Pro X5

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications