Stopping Looping slide show

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Producer. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

Stopping Looping slide show

Postby fjoosab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:22 am

When my slide show finishes, it goes back to the first slide and starts to play again instead of going back to the menu page. How do I stop this happening? Thanks

Re: Stopping Looping slide show

Postby im42n8 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:23 am

You don't say how you're playing your show.

So, 1) I'm going to make the assumption that you have created an EXE without a menu. You may have selected the "loop forever (when no menus)" option. Recreate the EXE without this option selected.

and 2) I'm not sure, but I think the show may loop forever by default if you create a DVD without a menu ... it's been awhile since I created one of these. In this case, recreate the output using a menu. Add the option to loop (if there's ever a chance that anyone may want to loop the show forever) and a play button (if you have a thumbnail to indicate the show to play, you don't necessarily need the addition of the play button).

Anyway, that's my initial take on this one ...

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby fjoosab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi I created a dvd with a menu. I've done a few before and did not have this problem. All of a sudden it now goes back to the first slide and starts to play again instead of going back to the menu page. Thanks for your help.

Postby debngar » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:49 pm

If the viewer hits the loop button to play the show, the show will play over and over and never go back to the menu without having to stop and reload the DVD from the beginning. Or at least that's the way it works on my DVD player but it's not a new DVD player. I have to stop it from playing, eject it and then put it back in to refresh the DVD loading to get the menu to come up again.

Also, it could be that the action to LOOP ALL was accidentally attached/associated with one or more of the other elements in the menu page. The action can be assigned to any one or more of the elements on the screen, not just the loop all button.

If the show starts automatically once the DVD is put into the player then I believe there is no menu. That does not typically happen if there is an actual menu with different buttons and actions associated with those elements on the screen.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby fjoosab » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Debbie Thanks for your answer. I do have a menu and previous shows would stop at the end of the show and return to the menu page. The last couple of shows did not doing that. I must have clicked a button or an option somewhere to change and select loop show or something. I cant find it so I am stuck at the moment. Thanks

Postby debngar » Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:48 am

Occasionally there are bugs in the program that can puzzle users. You didn't say what version you're using but I'm assuming it's version 6. I don't think there is any weird bug related to the menu in version 6 like you described, but I could be wrong.

Check each button (caption layer) on the custom menu (in the menu caption area) and look to see what action is assigned to each caption layer. It should be that only the caption layers that are active (with a checked box) are the ones to show up on the menu.

Be proactive in checking every step when saving the custom menu for each particular show, WHERE you save it, WHAT it's named and to load it when rendering the show for burning to DVD. The program defaults to the last named menu, the last place a menu was saved and so forth. This can often messed up new users who don't think to check the path and so forth. I hate it when I forget to check and overwrite another menu! Thankfully, that hasn't happened to me in a while.

Hope you get it worked out.
Debbie

Postby fjoosab » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:14 pm

Debbie Thanks very much for your help. I will give this another try and create a new menu to see what happens. Thanks again

Postby fjoosab » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:19 am

Hi all I re did my menu from scratch and re did my slide show. Now after the last slide it does not repeat the show. It now goes back to the menu page. This is what I wanted. Thanks all that tried to help.

Farouk

Postby debngar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:34 am

Glad it works for you now. :D
Debbie

Return to PSP - Tips & Tricks