Reverse Motion For Sway 1 StylePack Volume 5

Post a link to your templates that you'd like to share with other ProShow Producer users

Reverse Motion For Sway 1 StylePack Volume 5

Postby lewkeathin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:16 am

I always like to make modification to the styles so that I have more new styles to use. Take for example, if the style consists of panning of an image from left to right, I will make it panning from right to left, this will give me a new style to use. I like the "Sway 1" style in StylePack Volume 5, whereby the images are panning from right to left. I tried to reverse the panning from left to right, but I failed to make it. Apparently this style consists of modifier which I can never learn. Can someone please help me? If possible, show me the way to reverse the motion in "Sway 2" too. Thanks.

Re: Reverse Motion For Sway 1 StylePack Volume 5

Postby im42n8 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:52 am

If Photodex used a modifier to cause one layer (or more) to follow another, it's a simple modifier. And simple modifiers are extremely easy to edit.

Since the follower (or "subordinate") layers are following a master layer, changing the position of this layer will cause all other layers that are depending on it for positioning information to change their position accordingly. Identify this layer and you're well on your way. There's no need to edit the modifier unless there's an offset in the follower layers. In this case, if there's a modifier on the follower layer AND its pan boxes are non-zero, this represents an offset from the layer being followed (a modifier aligns the follower layer's center to the master layer's center. Adding a value to the subordinate layer's position that is additional to the action that causes the initial following activity creates an offset. So, you may have to change this offset value accordingly.).

I'm not sure if you want to go that deep into this topic, but the following will give you a good leg up on what's going on when you encounter a pan following modifier. Knowing how to create them makes it easier to modifier them. So, in case you might be interested, the following might help.

http://fenimorephotovideos.com/fpvp_doc ... ng_p1.html
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=22090

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby lewkeathin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:45 pm

I tried to follow the instruction as you posted but unfortunately I just couldn't get the effect as I desired. Maybe I am still not fully understand about the modifier. If you can provide further and detail help on this topic, I will be very much appreciated.

Postby Bevie » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:28 am

This is a little off topic but I was just using the Sway Style 2 in Producer 6 for a show that I'm doing. I'm using it five times in a row and what I am trying to achieve is a seamless transition from one slide to another so it looks like one long 'sway' :lol: I'm wondering what transitions you might be using with your Sway. I've tried cut and a cross fade blend transition with the 3 second recommended time but I'm not happy with the results. Was just wondering what you are using. Thanks :D
ProShow User since 2013 - ProShow Producer 6 - Novice

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/TheGalleryPage

Mac 10.6.8
Proshow Producer 6 - Parallels 8 - Windows 7
Photoshop CS4

Postby im42n8 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:54 am

Generally, Photodex's effects are not made in a way that is conducive to concatenation. So, seamless transition from one slide to another using the same effect is often impossible without completely recreating the effect. A prime example was their clothesline effect ... it worked fine as long as you didn't try to add additional images or concatenate slides. The solution, in that case was a completely different approach to creating the effect and a much more complex effect (from the user point of view).

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Postby Bevie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:17 am

Thanks...I'm finding that out :roll: Too bad Photodex doesn't create transitions for slide styles like the Sway styles or the Clothesline style (that you mentioned) so several slides would transition seamlessly together. Might try and just add more photos to the slide style - recreating the style as I add. Does anyone know if there is a ongoing discussion here as to what transitions people use with particular slide styles?

Mac 10.6.8
Photoshop CS4

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:47 am

Ha! Now that might be interesting. However, you might want to check out the FORUM book (created by the forum folks here and written by BarbaraC): viewforum.php?f=15 for tips along the slideshow creating lines. Or the Slideshow tips PDF and video demo (that supports the PDF) on my website http://fenimorephotovideos.com/Tutorials.html, or consider the Photodex book, Secrets of ProShow Experts (http://www.photodex.com/proshow/books) for tips in that general direction. Those tips and hints are what let you create a slideshow that people will not mind watching a 2nd time and not feel forced to sit through it the first time. Each show is different ... however the general concepts of slideshow creation are nearly universal. While there are "rules" for them ... they're actually guidelines (like the "rule of thirds").

While slideshow creation is very simple and easy ... creating one that people wouldn't mind watching again and again isn't quite so easy.

And, one key concept to keep in mind while figuring it out: HAVE FUN! :D

Dale

Postby Bevie » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks im42n8 ! You've given me a project for the holiday weekend and beyond :lol: I have the book that you mentioned and have been learning a little here and there. I took a look at the Sway Slide Style and it's complicated for sure - with enough time maybe, ha well maybe, I might come close to copying it so I could add more photos to it. But not sure if I want to spend that much time on it - but then that's how one learns sometimes-by deconstructing what has already been done. I am definitely going to read the FORUM book and I also definitely want to spend time on your website with your tutorials as well. Have found Jennifer Clark from Choice Slides a huge inspiration and teacher as well. Like you I'm 60 and found myself retired so Producer has been a great hobby for me :D There's so much to learn and so many ways to create a slideshow - I'm having a ball :D Thanks for the links im42n8 - this will keep me busy for a long time to come.

Mac 10.6.8
Photoshop CS4

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:27 am

I'll also have a book out in the not too distant future ... I'm finalizing it right now. It has all of the information on my blog and much more. This is the table of contents for it: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22758

There's something there for novice to expert ... much of it stuff that Photodex probably should have included in their manual and help files but didn't.

Yep ... I had too much time on my hands, obviously. :shock: (retirement can do that to you! :D )

Dale

Return to PSP - Slide Styles & Templates