Digital Juice Wipes & Transitions

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.
Valued Member

Digital Juice Wipes & Transitions

Postby EYElene » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Does anyone use these? I just purchased them but I can't find a video that explains how to put them into Producer. Only After Effects.
I hope it's not too complicated because if it is I will get frustrated.

Re: Digital Juice Wipes & Transitions

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:50 pm

I've got a bunch of these. There is a tutorial on their site ... you have to dig for it tho. It's a powerpoint type of presentation. You should be able to either ask them or search their site or dig. It's been awhile since I used one tho. I'm not at home right now to check them out ... but, they're simple to use once you export them. I believe you have to export the alpha channel separate from the video.

I can get more specifics later tonight (after I get home ... an hour or so). Not difficult ... but can be confusing at first.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:35 pm

Ok thank you. I did ask them but they told me they didn't have one for Producer. Not too helpful after I bought their product.
I'm so excited to use them. They look so cool.

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:37 pm

Check out this thread from a while back - some good info there. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10711

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Thank you but it wasn't really clear on how to do it.

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:58 pm

Ok, things didn't work as expected ... there was a kind of emergency when I got home that had to be addressed first. Then, I checked out the DJ site and since Wipes are no longer being offered, all the support info went away too ... bummer.

OK, here's one way to do it with a SWIPE (Sound Swipe).

You're going to have at least 2 layers once you've exported the DJ swipe/transwipe: the swipename_hd_alpha.mov and swipename_hd.mov ... the alpha layer is going to be your mask for the other swipename file. That's the basics of your WIPE. Then, you'll have a matte file.

Now, one way to use it is to put the initial slide in and the next slide into your show. Now, add a blank slide (the transition slide) between them. Put your swipe files in there, make the alpha layer a mask the non-alpha layer the masked layer. Set the transition time before and after the transition slide to cut (0 seconds long) ... the transition slide itself is the length of the DJ mov files.

Now, layer 1 and 2 will be your swipename_hd mask set. Layer 3 will be the swipename_hd_matte.mov and it will mask a copy of the image on the next slide. Layer 4 will be a copy of the image that makes up the previous slide.

That's the gist of it. From there, there are a number of variations. You can use this setup to create a PSP transition if you want ... where layer 3 will be identified as the DESTINATION slide and layer 4 will be the SOURCE slide. Layers 1, 2, and 3 will be made to be non-replaceable.

If you don't have a matte file, you'll simply fade in the DESTINATION slide over the SOURCE slide as appropriate to the swipe.

I think that's pretty much the basics of it as far as I can tell.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:25 pm

I think maybe I didn't describe what I bought properly. Because I just bought these less then a week ago so they are still selling them: http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/pr ... p?pid=3515
They are the Magic Mattes Animated Transwipes and Transitions. Is that totally different?

Postby Betty » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 pm

Here is a discussion thread perhaps this will help.

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3838

Postby im42n8 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:53 pm

In that case check this out: http://www.digitaljuice.com/djtv/detail.aspx?sid=863

A wipe/swipe is apparently quite different. These are used to transition from one slide to the next.... or one part of a slide to the next.

The magic mattes are, in essence, something that adds an effect to an image while acting as a mask to a layer. The demo doesn't deal with these mattes as a transition or a wipe. So, I can't speak to them. A transwipe (at least what I have) is simply composed of the alpha and the non-alpha layers. The alpha version masks the non-alpha version (which is full color ... the alpha layer is grayscale... and your mask mode will be a grayscale mask). Those versions of wipes/swipes that are effectly like double alpha masks are those that have a matte version as well as the alpha . . . the matte is used as a grayscale mask for the destination image layer.

Dale

Update. I've been playing with transwipes .... the danged "alpha" mov seems to be nothing more than a white layer . . . useless. But, the transwipe layer itself seems to be just like the Magic Matte stuff. You simply make the transwipe as the grayscale mask of the destination layer ... as the transwipe progresses, it reveals the destination layer over the source layer. (GADS, I haven't played with this stuff in years!).

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications