3D Effects to complement PSP

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

3D Effects to complement PSP

Postby texan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:02 am

http://www.photodex.com/share/texan/82m7cmg4

Here is a short show to expose you to a program called 3D Album Maker. It's very easy to use; has an intuitive
user interface and can output files in various video formats and resolutions. It comes with 100+ built in "styles"
and all you have to do is drop in your photos.

The above link is 8 avi files and all I did was drop in my slides. The resolution has not been optimized other than reducing the image displayed in PSP. There are also some video art-ti fact distortions that show up with certain styles and certain video content. These things I am sure can all be optimized with trial and error tweaking.

The program requires you to use an external rendering application which is somewhat of a hassle.......Visviva
is what this external program is called.

My demo Beta program lasts about 4 minutes; and 3D Album is worth a look.........enjoy

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.3d-album.com/products_explan ... _sn=VCS300
Last edited by texan on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texan

Valued Member

Re: 3D Effects to complement PSP

Postby Roo57 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:25 am

Do you have a link to this program? When I Google "3D Album Maker" I come up with a whole bunch of stuff.

Postby texan » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 am

Texan

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:20 am

Hello,
I know you posted this a long time ago.
I used to have this program but can't find it now. Are you still using it?
If so, does it work with Windows 7?

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:02 am

EYElene wrote:Hello,
I know you posted this a long time ago.
I used to have this program but can't find it now. Are you still using it?
If so, does it work with Windows 7?

I hadn't seen this post when it was first made, so I did a little investigation, and it appears the software is no longer being updated or supported. I'm not sure if it can still be downloaded. Maybe it can, but in looking at some posts on their forum, it seems another piece of software is required, and the site for it is down.

Barbara
Last edited by BarbaraC on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 am

Not the same, but you might want to check out Blufftitler ( http://www.outerspace-software.com/blufftitler.html ) it does 3D stuff and creates video you can use in your shows etc. (it has a 3D album add-on "Bix PhotoBook" ). Not free but a number of folks here have used it and been happy with the results. I have it but have not used it for a while though. It can generate some pretty impressive 3D stuff and is reasonably priced. Check out the examples on their pages.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 am

Thanks Mikey. I have Bluff Titler and it's awesome.
But the other 3D program was quite impressive. Lots of amazing styles and so easy to use.
Too bad they apparently went out of business. I even called the number multiple times but no answer.
It seems weird they would still pay for web hosting.

Postby bobradarbob » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:04 pm

The two founders of this company now appear to work in the financial sector. One shows up as working for a sub-company of The Bank of Montreal and the other co-founder appears to work for a company that delivers software solutions to the (high speed) electronic stock trading industry. I presume their 3d-Effects company did not grow at an economically sustainable rate and they ceased active development but continue to try an sell the old product with zero support. My best guess is sometime about mid-2011 things began to fall apart and they had to earn a living somehow and moved on. Funny thing about being in business - it takes a lot of money and if you have the money to begin with, what is the need to risk spending what you have on starting a new business. Dreams!!

These are my opinions and I have nothing but simple web research to come to my conclusions.

bob

Valued Member

Postby EYElene » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:58 pm

Wow, you should be a private investigator.

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications