Presenter shows on a family website.

Having problems? Have a solution? Let us know what your dilemma is with ProShow Gold. Please limit the topics to software problems, not "How To's"

Presenter shows on a family website.

Postby 2sticks » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:51 am

About 6 years ag0 I used PSG V3 and created a few shows with no problems.
A couple of weeks ago I purchased PSG version 5 with the intention of creating
some Presenter shows again. This installed perfectly and I was surprised by the
additional features, I have used it for many hours and I have never had a problem
with the program although I have only created very simple shows with simple
transitions which suits me for now.

I have uploaded a 7 minute Presenter show to my new testing website and it simply
will not work from the website. It used to work years ago so what have I done
wrong ?. Below are several results I have experienced and I would be extremely
obliged if any member could help me to resolve the issue.

1: I can run my local copy of the PX file and it works perfectly ( Win 7 - 64 bit )
presumebly using my local installed copy of the Presenter plug-in.

2: Running the website copy using the PSG supplied html does not work.
It brings up the html page and keeps asking me to install the Presenter
but when installed I still get a blank show window.

3: I have run the website on my wifes computer ( Win 7 - 32 bit ) which is completely
free of any PSG software and it does the same as above.

4: I am completely frustrated and about to give up and take up fishing as an appropriate
hobby for and old man !!!!.
Last edited by 2sticks on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Presenter shows on a family website.

Postby mrdcambs » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:18 am

Hi: I have just checked your website and the Slideshow plays perfectly well for me. I'm no expert but it may be that your version of Presenter is out of date?

Regards - Mike

Esteemed Member

Postby glyn53 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:54 am

I've just had a look and it works OK for me. It just asked me to update presenter and was fine.

Glyn

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:22 am

I was able to view it just fine here (also running win7/64). We have run into what it sounds like you are seeing in the past and nobody was able to figure out just what the deal was - it acts like it is ISP related - well, maybe not the same - I think in that case, it was simply refusing to download the px files for the shows ... but only for his own shows. When you check your temp directory ( C:\Users\mikey\AppData\Local\Temp - change for your name as appropriate) does it download the file at all (it will be a name like psg124.tmp or something like that ). You have certainly had your share of problems and have done what I would have suggested to see what is going on. Can you view other people's shows on the sharing site without issue ?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby debngar » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 am

Didn't another user have a similar problem? Don't recall exactly but night be issues with anti virus program, etc. Set to allow all exe programs/apps associated with Prooshow and Presenter might solve the problem.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 am

I just looked in my temp directory and it is indeed downloading/playing correctly - the file in the temp directory was something like psg2FS.tmp and was 39.7 megs or so when it finished downloading. I don't remember if you need to have admin rights (I would expect so) to get presenter to correctly install (I have admin by default on mine - I want to be able to shoot myself in the foot without any protection :twisted: ).

Just curious - is your webserver the same as your ISP or do you use a different host for your web pages ? Not sure why that would make a difference, but since we don't know what the issue is ...

Hmmm - here is another thought - if you have not tried it, try uploading one of your shows to the Photodex sharing site (it is free - if you don't have an account, you can create one) - see if it plays from there.

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby 2sticks » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Thank you all for your help and suggestions, it has given me confidence to continue.

Progress so far:

I contacted a friend and asked him to try the site. He told me much the same as the previous comments
but he did mention that he uses "Mozilla Firefox" with Apple quicktime installed. Even the Midi files
played fine.

Because the majority of my audience uses MS Internet Explorer I have been concentrating on developing
the site for this browser. I installed "Firefox" and Quicktime and much to my surprise it worked perfectly,
even the Midi files played perfectly.

I think this proves that there are no ISP or anti-virus issues and the problem I have is something to do with
MS Explorer. As I am using PSG 5 on my machine I am hesitant to re-install everything concerned with PSG
and start all over again but I will do this and post the results.

Thanks again for all your help.

Postby gpsmikey » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Interesting. I do use Firefox and have quicktime installed (although I have run into an issue with another web site not playing some sound files correctly but instead showing them as "VLC" files (which I also have installed). Otherwise, I have not had any issues.

mikey

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pilotdan63 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:02 am

Well . . . add me to the list of those that are able to watch your show without any problem. I used my Windows 7 64 bit laptop and enjoyed your show and yes . . . I did see you the first time BIG SMILE.

One suggestion is to check and see if you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed as I didn't see you mention what version you were using.

Good luck :-)

Dan

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:26 am

Two things that must be on all computers and kept fairly well up to date are Adobe Flash and Quicktime because a lot of web sites use one, the other, or both. Recently, I had to help my computer-challenged husband who was mystified by no longer being able watch YouTube videos. Checking his version of Firefox, I discovered it was from the last century, and so I helped him bring it into the present. The last time I saw him, he was watching video after video. :roll:

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Jean-Paul » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:22 am

Hi,

I believe that your problem is a security gate in MS internet explorer, please try this:
Open your website in IE, go to the IE tools menu and click on Compatibility View.
Your presenter shows should now open normally (if you have the Photodex Presenter installed in your PC).
This Internet Explorer command should only the used with websites that you trust.

Have fun

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Rosemary » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 am

Hi,
Just to say I thoroughly enjoyed your show. Took me back to 1972 when we were with the RAF in Elgin and we went across to the west coast and Skye. We did not get to Mull though. All beautiful scenery.
I would love to see more of your shows.

Rosemary

Postby 2sticks » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:11 am

Update to MS Explorer problem.

I explored the depths of Photodex website and found this.

http://kb.photodex.com/67/is-presenter- ... ompatible/

I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit with MSIE - 64 bit. I think this may
explain why Presenter doesn't work.

I have tried to install MSIE 9 - 32 bit, but so far Win 7 complains and
refuses to install the 32 bit version.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:40 am

I'm also running Win 7 64-bit, but in looking at Program Files and Program Files (x86), I can see that two versions of IE are installed, one in the 64-bit section and the other in the 32-bit section. I don't know this for a fact, of course, but in looking at what I have, it sure appears that Windows automatically installs both versions, and if this is true, then you may already have what you need.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby Jean-Paul » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 am

Hello everyone,

Barbara is right, in Win 7x64 if you look into the start menu you will see:
Internet Explorer (64-bit)
Internet Explorer

I personally run Internet Explorer (32-bit) as default browser.
Presenter shows well not play in a 64 bit browser.

Have fun

Amicalement, Jean-Paul

Last bumped by 2sticks on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:08 am.

This forum is to ProShow enthusiasts, what hair is to the gorilla

PSP v5 (last releas) PC: Win. 7 x64, CPU Intel i7, Memory RAM 12 GB, Disk partition (C:) SSD, GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Monitor 23” HD, GPU Benchmark for PSP 372.

Return to PSG - Troubleshooting