Request for a Trailer

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.

Request for a Trailer

Postby ahsaz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a PhD student in pharmacy and I am expecting to defend my thesis and graduate this coming October. I want to make some trailer of my PhD defense to entertain and amuse the audience prior to the defense, as in the following video:

My question is: Can I make a similar video using Proshow Producer? If yes, I will need some help from some members here. If you can volunteer and help me making such defense trailer I will really appreciate it. I can provide you all the images and videos necessary to prepare such a trailer.

I am looking forward to hearing your reply.

Alan

Re: Request for a Trailer

Postby cherub » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:01 pm

ahsaz wrote:My question is: Can I make a similar video using Proshow Producer? If yes, I will need some help from some members here. If you can volunteer and help me making such defense trailer I will really appreciate it. I can provide you all the images and videos necessary to prepare such a trailer.
Alan

You can make it even in Gold, not only in Producer :D :D

All this can be done very simply by having your images (or your video clips), each in a slide that doesn't even move. The same goes for your captions.
Then synchronize everything to your music. (duration of your slides and your transitions).

I don't think that you really need help with this. It's a very simple thing to do, but it requires time and patience. Perhaps you are asking if someone is willing to do it for you ?

Postby ahsaz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:42 pm

cherub wrote:
ahsaz wrote:My question is: Can I make a similar video using Proshow Producer? If yes, I will need some help from some members here. If you can volunteer and help me making such defense trailer I will really appreciate it. I can provide you all the images and videos necessary to prepare such a trailer.
Alan

You can make it even in Gold, not only in Producer :D :D

All this can be done very simply by having your images (or your video clips), each in a slide that doesn't even move. The same goes for your captions.
Then synchronize everything to your music. (duration of your slides and your transitions).

I don't think that you really need help with this. It's a very simple thing to do, but it requires time and patience. Perhaps you are asking if someone is willing to do it for you ?

Thank you for the reply... Mostly I think I can do the basic design of the trailer, but I am not a very creative person and I will need help with the special effects, suitable suspense music or sound track, some inputs (movie quotes) or any other relevant ideas.

Postby ahsaz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:24 pm

I have made this trailer using ProShow... I know it sounds too simple but I would like to hear your opinions:

Postby AMD » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:09 pm

I enjoyed your trailer . . . especially, I suppose, since I have "been there and done that" a few years ago! The entire defense process is certainly a test of one's tenacity and perseverance. I am sure you came through with "flying colors" and can now be called "Dr."--as I recall that your defense date was October 23. You did a great job using Producer since I believe you said you were a newbie. I am sure your committee got a good chuckle from it and your entire audience enjoyed it. I am sure the energy you put into making the little show helped calm the pre-defense jitters, too!

Good luck!

Ann

Postby ahsaz » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for the comment.. :)

I am a newbie but I'm also a quick learner.. The audience and he committee did enjoy watching the trailer before the defense, and one of the committee members said that making such a trailer should be mandatory in any future defense! :)

By the way, i did pass my defense!! :D
Thanks again for the comment.

Return to PSP - Challenges