Audio Editing

Post links to music sources and discuss music choices for shows
Honorary ProShow PHD

Audio Editing

Postby Studio7Productions » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:35 am

Have you ever found the right music for your show, but it is either too long or too short.

Then I have the solution for you.

As a Professional Audio Editor and Sound Technician I offer to you all, FREE OF CHARGE, my audio editing service.

Just email me your track, with instructions to timings, and I will edit and return via email as a HQ MP3 file, within hours of you sending it, sometimes quicker.

Please do not send too many tracks in one email, as download speeds differ from country to country....

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Audio Editing

Postby briancbb » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:41 pm

Mel

I have just got round to reading the 'Music' section after some considerable time. I am not very musical :oops: that's why.

This is a very generous offer you have made, and I commend you for your thoughts towards other 'Proshow Enthuasts' members.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:57 am

Thanks Brian, I appreciate your reply....

I am quite surprised, with all the posts I read about music, only 1 person has taken me up on my offer.......

Oh well, Onwards & Upwards.

Mel
PSP v 5: Adobe CS5 Extended:Sony Soundforge Pro 10: Canon 50D: Canon EOS 1000D: Nikon D40:

" Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. "
Sir Winston Churchill

Postby ginger » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Mel,

I almost asked you for help with the music in my challenge show, but I was too embarassed. :oops: I figured I'd save that generous token and take you up on it when I have a more important show.

Thanks for the kind offer!

ginger

Postby dcloud » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:54 pm

Mel - Extremely generous of you. I was going to send you something just to see how you work your magic but I didn't want to waste your time. When I have music that isn't quite the right length I just use fades or try to change the timing of the show to fit. Boring! I love your Churchill quote. I visited the UK many years ago and went to his grave site. Again, thanks for offering to help us amateurs.

Postby KatzInAZ » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:41 am

Mel,

Although I do my own audio editing, I know there are many who can't for various reasons. I also know how time consuming this is.

So I wanted to just drop a note to everyone to say publically to you - THANK YOU - for your very generous offer. If I get stuck with my editing, I know who to consult!

Many thanks for helping everyone create beautiful slideshows.

Kathy

Postby pbphillips » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 pm

Hello,
I often find songs that has great music. Does anyone know any good software that can remove the vocal?

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:58 am

Unfortunately, with todays methods of producing CD's etc, there is no way you can remove vocals...
Most advertised Vocal Removal software works on the basis of frequency, so therefore, if the music is of similar frequency, it will remove that as well..... gone are the old days of vocals being on a seperate track, they are all mashed together now.....the only solution is to search for a instrumental version of the song.....

Mel

Sir Winston Churchill

Postby pbphillips » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:42 am

Thanks Mel I was afraid that would be the response. I guess I'll just keep looking for intrumentals

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:34 pm

This offer is still open

Sir Winston Churchill

Esteemed Member

Postby marjolijn1957 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 am

I haven't tried it by my own but this website is stored at my favorites for a long time. Probally it's worth to try.

http://www.howtogeek.com/56335/how-to-remove-vocals-from-music-tracks-using-audacity/

Postby grams39 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Hi Mel,
I see your offer to help with audio was posted a long time ago, but was wondering if you were still willing to help me with some audio editing? I am making a wedding slideshow for my niece and have parts of 4 different songs that I would like to merge together kind of like a "medley" or "mashup" and am having a very difficult time getting this to work. If you have the time and can help me out, I would be forever grateful! If so, just message me and I will send you the songs I need. Thank You!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:50 am

Audio Edit done, and mailed back to you.....

Sir Winston Churchill

Postby algerg » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:24 pm

Good Evening Mel,

Can you make some suggestions as to how to balance multiple songs in a show so that they all have the same volume output. In a show I recently did, the music sounded fine through my computer speakers, but when shown through a projector and public address system, there were some songs that were too loud, and some too shrill. I also have trouble balancing the sound when I do voice over with a soundtrack underneath (usually my voice comes out too loud. I make use of the volume controls in Proshow 5 and I use Sony Sound Forge 10.0 to do the bulk of my audio editing although I just have basic skills,

Thanks

Grant

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Studio7Productions » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:23 am

Hi, unfortunately there will always be this issue with songs if extracted from more than one source, as they are all recorded at different levels, however, fortunately
there is a very nice bit of software you can download for FREE called MP3Gain that equalizes all the music (multiple tracks) you put into it to the same value.

It will work for over 90% of music, but there will always be the odd exception....give it a try... http://download.cnet.com/MP3Gain/3000-2 ... 75552.html

Mel

Sir Winston Churchill

Next

Return to Music Discussion