The best of the best

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
Honorary ProShow PHD

The best of the best

Postby DanDan » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:04 am

Hi,
A recent posting by Dawn Murray in "PSP, Tips and Tricks". Has given me an inspiration. Just an idea. What do you think? I was thinking of posting a brief list of some of the show links of what I personally consider some of the best shows. Not just good in content, but shows that were a big inspiration to us in one way or another. Our group has grown in leaps and and bounds since I first joined in June. Some of the really good shows (only my opinion here) are now deeply imbeded in numerous pages of listings and are becoming increasing harder to locate if you want to view/review. Newer members seem to be in awe of what some of our PRO photographers and slideshow gurus are producing. I still am too! Ha!
Would any of you be willing to contribute to posting your ideas of the "Best". All of the shows are good, I don't want any hurt feelings if some are not mentioned. Would the "Odds and Ends" be the proper place for this.
Please post if you have ideas, or if you think this is not a good idea. Many of us have the creativity inside of us but just need a little inspiration to help bring it out. Should we limit to say the three shows that inspired us most!
Much peace and love in 2007! :)
_Dan

Postby fiona » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:55 am

Excellent idea, Dan :D .

Fiona
Fiona

best of the best

Postby bernard » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:32 am

Great idea, Dan. I also would like to know if the show was made with Producer or PSG Gold.

Bernard

Postby dtpitts » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:36 am

Thanks so much! As a newbie here, I get so much inspiration from watching the shows... that this would be such a treat for sure! I would love to have them all in one place! Thanks for thinking of such a great idea, I look forward to seeing what is coming! The talent here is amazing, great group of people!!

Teresa
:)

Esteemed Member

Postby twodoor55 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:44 pm

That's a good idea. I too find myself doing searches for some shows or ideas that I have seen on the site in the past. I think it would be very helpful/

Postby nannybear » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:59 am

Great idea Dan! I think maybe ask Mike to put it in that new top section. Easy to find for newcomers.

My favorites are:

PSG Bob Kramer - Passionate Kisses

PSG Julie - The Feeling Froggy series

PSP GabBill - 70th birthday tribute

then a link to Jeep's portfolio and Dom's portfolio. :wink:
There are so many great shows, but I picked these because they inspired me either by, composition, technique, photography or emotion...... hugs Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby DanDan » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:13 am

That's great Jan, I thought about checking with Mike too. I wasn't sure if "Odds & Ends" was the right place. I think Mike can add an additional topic listing. I was trying to collect a few opinions from longer term members first. I would hate to have a redundant topic listing, that's why I wanted to gain a little feedback first.
Thanks for your support, not just on this!
PS: I like your initial list, one of those would be on mine too. The others are wonderful also. :)
_Dan

Postby webcombo » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:20 pm

Here Here. I would love to have such a topic thread. I am always thinking about shows that I saw before, but can't remember where I found them, and it takes a long time to go through all the samples. This would be a great one. I also agree that we should know if it was created in PSP or PSG. I don't want to try to attempt something in Gold, that cannot be done.

Thanks for the great idea!!

lisco

Postby lisco » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:14 pm

I think everyone agrees that this is a GREAT idea. I for one would really like to see them without having to scroll thru all the different pages that are out there and not knowing what's what.

Thanks,

Scott

Cindy

Postby Cindy » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:16 am

Great idea Dan. In addition to stating which program was used, maybe we could have a separate list for each - that way newbies can concentrate on the shows produced with their program and ask for suggestions accordingly. Let's get this one going!

Postby jeanc » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Cindy wrote:Great idea Dan. In addition to stating which program was used, maybe we could have a separate list for each - that way newbies can concentrate on the shows produced with their program and ask for suggestions accordingly. Let's get this one going!

I definitely agree with everyone on this! Especially what Cindy wrote. It would really be a tremendous help to have the separate list. I'm new to the group and I am like a sponge!!!

Jean

lisco

Just Curious

Postby lisco » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:58 pm

I was just wondering. Has anything come from this? Anything in the works?

Scott

Postby logcabin07 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:59 am

Mac's 'Walking with the Dead' is my top three. That show deserves an Oscar.

jtneal

A Best Of Post

Postby jtneal » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:05 pm

I would really like to see something like this happen as well. I've learned a lot from the shows I've seen, but there's a lot to sort through. Having one place to go for all the best shows would really help out a newbie like myself.

-Jon

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:16 pm

I'm sorry I haven't responded sooner to this. I'm still trying to catch up after being out of the country for a month.

Creating a new topic area for listing the best of the best is the easy part. My only concern is how to designate shows to be included. If it's set up for members to mention the shows they like best and provide a link, what's to keep everyone from adding their own shows? At that point, it would end up being just like the Sample Show section.

Does the creator of a new show list it in the Sample Shows section along with a poll, and only those that are ranked high enough get moved to the Best of the Best? What's to prevent someone from voting multiple times and artificially pumping up the ratings?

I guess the problem with this is that everyone has their own idea of what the best shows are, and we could end up with many shows deserving of being in that section. I don't want to turn it into a popularity contest, either.

If there's a way to come up with those shows deserving of being considered the best, it has to be fair and non-discriminating. Anyone with some ideas on how to do this I'd like to hear about it. Until then I'm a bit hesitant to create such an area.

Thanks!

Mike

Next

Return to Odds & Ends