The Playground has been repurposed

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

The Playground has been repurposed

Postby BarbaraC » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:43 am

What was once a commercial blog is now a personal one. The way things work on WordPress, I couldn't change the URL, and so it still refers to my business, but The Playground is now devoted entirely to videos that have been built only for love and fun.

Currently, six videos are on the site because they were gracious enough to sit waiting for me on YouTube, but as time goes on and as it permits, I'm determined to find all the rest...wherever it is that I stored them. :D

If we have umpteen photo albums, it seems reasonable in this day and age that we should have, at the very least, one video album.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: The Playground has been repurposed

Postby Anna J » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:11 pm

Barbara,
I had become so accustomed to watching your utilitarian shows made just to illustrate your merchandise that I'd almost forgotten what a true artist you are, not only with Producer but also with a camera, a keyboard, and a few exquisitely chosen words.

I wonder why some people got more talent than they have time to use, and some of us didn't get diddly-squat. Although I think envy is one of the mortal sins, I believe I'll just wallow in it for a few minutes tonight in your honor.

Hope you find those other shows.
Anna J
Anna

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Barbara -- do you know that you can create another (new name) blog and easily move all the content from old to new? There's a Wordpress tutorial document somewhere on the site that explains it but it's basically export from old and import to new. Works smoothly and quick -- I did that with my blog a couple months after I started. Not something you have to do but it's an option if you want it.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:08 am

Anna, don't you dare wallow in envy! I happen to know that you have lots of design and writing talent. The light has leaked out from beneath your bushel.

Dick, I considered exactly what you described, but in the end, it seemed to hardly matter since it's nothing more than a video album.

Barbara

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby seektheburd » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:56 am

Hi Barbara,
What a treat to find your creative shows hanging out together at the Playground. Enjoyed each and every one of them. If your purpose was to inspire and jumpstart others creativity, mission accomplished. :D

Hugs, Stephanie
Photodex Gallery: http://www.photodex.com/share/stephanieseek

HP Pavilion p6580t Desktop;Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; i5-750 Quad-Core; 1.5GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 230.
Photodex Producer 5
Adobe Photoshop CS6
Pinnacle Studio 14 Ultimate Collection

Postby debngar » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:16 am

I've missed seeing new personal projects of yours Barbara. How nice YT versions are now availabe and I can grab a nice cup of coffee to sip while I enjoy the wonderful stories all over again on computer or phone. I'm looking forward to watching new ones! :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:24 am

Stephanie, I'm glad that my fun is also fun for you!

Debbie, one good thing about using YouTube is that people who don't use ProShow can watch a show built for them without having to install Presenter. One of the Playground shows was placed on YouTube for exactly that reason.

I have to find "The Chair." It's somewhere in this room. :(

Barbara
Last edited by BarbaraC on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Postby Mac » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:43 am

Very beautiful stuff there Barbara! Do you create all of those graphics on the computer or some on paper?
PSP 0.1
Kaypro 8086 4.77Mhz CPU, 728Kb memory, dual 5.25" high density floppies
Windows 1.0, Windows Paint
Kodak Pocket Instamatic 60 with Magicube
Model E-41 Ditto Machine

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:49 am

Thanks, Mac! Most graphics these days are done on the computer, but now and then, I get out paper and pen or brush or whatever. The computer is good for some things, not so good for others. For instance, Photoshop's pencil work just doesn't have the same results as a real pencil.

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Postby chezeury » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:30 am

Omg! I just never think to come into some of these forums and I can't believe what I miss. I went to the playground and your videos are marvelous. Very creative and fun to watch. Some of them are also quite touching. I think they say a lot about who you are.

Great, just simply great.

:-)
Maggie
To see my slideshows visit:
http://www.youtube.com/user/chezeury
my photography can be seen at:
http://www.maggieterlecki.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:28 am

Maggie, it's important to nose around in all the nooks and crannies of the forum because you just never know what someone is going to do or say, outrageous or not. 8)

I'm glad you enjoyed my videos! More to come as soon as I have the time to go looking for them. You know how you put something somewhere and tell yourself you'll remember where you put it? Why do we continue repeating the same mistake?

Barbara

Postby tdew » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 am

Evernote! has helped me bunches. When I tuck something away, I try to make a note of where I've put it. It works much better than telling someone else to remind me where I put it, if I'm looking for it.

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:36 am

I'd have to make notes in Evernote to remind me to make notes in it. Then I'd have to write a note somewhere else to remind me to look at the reminder. Sad, but true.

Barbara

Return to Personal Web Sites