How do I change time of Zoom feature?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself

How do I change time of Zoom feature?

Postby tjjl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Just purchased Gold, so I'm a newbie. I've heard this is a great forum with great info, so here goes. Here's what I'm trying to do. On a photo at a reception, I want to start a slide zoomed in on a lady's earring at 800% and then zoom out to 100%. Two things happen. 1) Even when I choose 'accelerate' it zooms out very slowly. 2) No matter how long I set the slide duration to, it never completely zooms out before going to the next slide. Any thoughts? Is there a setting I'm missing and can't find? Thanks for helping on my first quest!

Site Admin

Re: How do I change time of Zoom feature?

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 pm

1) I've never seen consistent behavior when trying to manipulate the speed of the zoom function. Sometimes I notice a difference, but in most cases when selecting "accelerate" or "decelerate" they seem to act the same.

2) I'm going to assume that you want to zoom into the photo and then have it display at the 100% setting for a short time period before transitioning to the next slide, correct? You'll need to do this with a couple of slides. In the first slide you set your starting zoom and then your ending zoom. The zoom effect will take as long as your slide duration, so if you set the duration for 5 seconds the zoom will take 5 seconds. What is currently happening is that your transition to the next slide is overlapping the slide by a small time frame so that is why the zoom never fully reaches the end position before the transition. To have the zoom finish and pause for a short period of time you'll need to add a second slide with the same image set to your ending zoom position. Between these two slides you'll want a "cut" transition set to 0. You'll then need to set your second slide duration to however you want it to display. By doing this you'll see your image zoom out from 800% to 100% and then hold before going on to the next image.

Hope that makes sense.

Mike

Postby mrdcambs » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:45 pm

tjjl: try this, I think it's what you are looking for:

1) Slide A start & end with slide zoomed to 800% followed by 'Cut' transition of zero duration. Set duration of
Slide A to the time you wish it displayed BEFORE it starts to zoom out - try 2 seconds.

2) Slide B start with zoom of 800% reducing to 100% followed by 'Cut' transition of zero duration. Set duration
of Slide B to the time you wish the zoom out to take - try 8 seconds. Since you're zooming out over a large
range (800% - 100%), don't set this time too low or the zoom will seem rushed.

3) Slide C start & end with 100% zoom followed by your choice of transition to the next slide. Duration of
Slide C to be the time you wish the 100% zoomed image to remain on screen - try 2 seconds.

Hope this helps - Mike - UK

Postby tjjl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 pm

OK, guys, both of these methods work. The second gives me more control over how long to start with my 800 zoom--like that idea. I actually had a second slide set after the first and had it set to 100% with a CUT transition between. BUT, I didn't change the time to '0.' That made the difference.

Now, a second question, but related. The zoom works fine, but I can't really start on the earring. It starts where it wants, which is close to the earring. Is there a way to focus on a part of the photo to start your zoom, or am I asking too much--maybe that's the stuff you get when you buy Producer.

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 pm

tjjl wrote:The zoom works fine, but I can't really start on the earring. It starts where it wants, which is close to the earring. Is there a way to focus on a part of the photo to start your zoom, or am I asking too much--maybe that's the stuff you get when you buy Producer.

You can move the position of the image's starting point to focus on the area you want displayed. You do the same as if you were to pan by changing the X & Y coordinates. Simply adjust the image so that your focus point is where you want it for your starting position. If you have a slide prior to the zoom as was suggested above make sure your X & Y coordinates match the starting point of your zoom.

Mike

Postby tjjl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Cool. Thanks. Going to go play now!

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks