Proshow Gold

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Proshow Gold

Postby chriscat » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:18 am

Hi

I just wondered what people use as their video editor , or their sound editor , i use microsoft digital image suite for my picture editor , but would'nt have a clue what to use for the others.
Any ideas would be welcome , i thought you could just do it using Gold .

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Proshow Gold

Postby VernonRobinson » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:54 am

This question will bring many responses. I use premiere elements from Adobe.. Others use sony Vegas. Still there are many others that are out there and available for use. For sound most people use the free utility audacity..

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:26 am

First welcome to the enthusiasts group!

ProShow is a great product but it doesn't pretend to be anything other than a slideshow builder. You can do some simple manipulations of images, sound or video but for anything significant you'll need other software. Like Vernon, I use Adobe's Premier Elements (because it comes with PhotoShop Elements for image editing) and Audacity for sound (it works and it's free).

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:37 am

Like others have said - it varies :D I use Sony Vegas Movie Studio for the video editor/burn DVD etc. It also includes a copy of "Sound Forge Audio Studio" which is a sound editor. (Vegas Movie Studio is the low end version of the full Sony Vegas Video editor, but is still a good product and for most people will do what they want).

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/mov ... pe/compare
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Vegas-Studio ... 0051M6IPI/

The Sony support forums are also fairly good (there are several others that support it as well) and a couple of good books by Steve Grisetti on using it that are pretty good (and he is active in the forums too ! )

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications