Animated Map

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Re: Animated Map (Vasco da Gama 5 Preview)

Postby texan » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:08 pm

The newest version of Vasco (5) (Still very pricey) has some very unique features in it........you lay out your complete itinerary by labeling the cities you are going to visit and then a built in World Wide GPS system automatically creates your route.

It has a built in World Map; but you can add your own maps as well........It even has monuments and historical buildings that you can add along your itinerary

There is a camera built into the software so you can get a 3 dimensional "effect" and you can track your moving
device from various angles............

The user interface is not very friendly but they SELL a video tutorial for about $100 US.......UG!!

Most of the you tube tutorials are in languages other than English........Ug UG

Another key difference is you can insert video clips along your route which adds a lot of realism.....

Here's a VERY EARLY PREVIEW.........about 90 seconds (NO SOUND COMES WITH VASCO)

http://www.photodex.com/share/texan/8pc7cmg4

More to come......stay tuned
Texan

Valued Member

Re: Animated Map

Postby u7mg0 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49 am

I have used Road Trip. it is very basic, but does the job well. you can choose any map as a background. It comes with several, but i google and choose a detailed one. you can choose the icon to use (plane, train, car) and also the speed between the points. you can save it in different resolutions, but the quality of map picture will determine quality as well. for $10, i like it and use it often on my trip shows

Postby texan » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Road trip is the best thing out their for the money.

No Question
Texan

Postby gsmcl0964 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:29 pm

u7mg0,

Does the Road Trip product have a web site that you can provide a link to? I wasn't having any luck finding using Google since "road trip" brings up lots of results. Ty.

Postby cinderellen » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:22 am

Ty,

This should get you started. . .

http://www.solrobots.com/roadtrip/index.html

Previous

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications