The ability to have captions match layer motions

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.

The ability to have captions match layer motions

Postby shaunk » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:14 am

I'd love to be able to make a caption and then apply a motion to a layer on the slide and have the caption match that motion. Right now if I want to do this I have to create a slide with text in another program, such as Photoshop, and then bring that into the show.

Re: The ability to have captions match layer motions

Postby im42n8 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:42 pm

This capability already exists (for users of PRODUCER). You have to use a modifier to do it tho.

Right click on the caption's first position box (pan-x). Select the Add Modifier Option. Click on the radial button for "Variable Amount Based On" ... the default is Pan-X (which is what we want). Click on "From" and select the Layer number that you want to follow. Click on OK. Do the same thing for the Pan Y movement (but make sure to select Pan Y as the "variable amount based on").

In either pan setting, you may want to offset the caption from the layer a bit. The default for the captions has a position of 50, 50 (in the middle of the screen). You can either change these numbers directly or leave them alone and add another action to the pan following modifier action you just created. In this case, you would add a constant to provide the offset. Depending on the layer you're following, you may or may not need to offset the caption from its centralized position setting.

Anyway, that should get you started.

Dale

PS GOLD users are out of luck! Sorry, this capability ONLY exists in PRODUCER! It's one of the reasons they created the limitations in Gold to begin with . . . if you want the advanced features they want you to spend the bucks to get them!
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Return to PSG - Feature Requests