Turn backgrounds into frames

Want to share your own personal web site with the other forum members? Post a link here. This section is for personal sites only. Sites promoting slide show businesses are acceptable. Please DO NOT link to sites that you use to sell ProShow styles, templates, etc.

Turn backgrounds into frames

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:24 pm

For those who use Photoshop--possibly Elements, too--I've posted instructions over at ProShowThink for turning a full-screen image into a frame. It can be a pattern, a flat color, or even a photo. Doesn't matter. This describes just one of the many variations possible using layer styles. I imagine it might be particularly handy for Gold users who don't have the benefit of masks.

The instructions are very detailed so newer Photoshop users won't miss a beat, and the detail makes it all appear far more complicated than it really is. :D

Turn a Background into a Frame

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Turn backgrounds into frames

Postby texan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:29 pm

Before and After Sample ???
Texan

Re: Turn backgrounds into frames

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:31 am

texan wrote:Before and After Sample ???

The post came about after sending instructions to a customer who remarked about sharing them with everyone. I thought he was right. He'd been trying to do what you see at bottom left: http://www.theframelocker.com/stylishpaper.html, and that's what the instructions accomplish.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to Personal Web Sites