Animated Map

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Producer. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Animated Map

Postby Oldguy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Don't know if anyone is interested but, I just ran across
an interesting piece of software. It animates a travel map,
creating an avi video. It is unique, it's from Roxio.
FYI

Forrest

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/vasco ... tures.html

Re: Animated Map

Postby AMD » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Forrest,

Thanks for posting the link; it really looks neat--and I am tempted . . . if it were $29 or so I might "bite." Of course, it is relatively easy and a lot "lighter" than a video to just grab a map, extract a plane, and do my own with Producer . . . . or use one of Mona's or Anita's--so guess I'll pass at present. It does really look like a great little program, though.

Ann

Postby tdew » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:20 am

I agree. The program looks interesting but I think the price is too high for the amount of times you would use it.

Postby Oldguy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:38 am

I agreee, that's why I don't have it. LOL
It is pretty snazzy though

Forrest

Postby gsmcl0964 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:42 am

I agree with you guys that this looks pricey for what it is, especially for people here who might use it infrequently and/or just for personal use (rather than paid work).

Roxio doesn't develop the software. This company does:
http://www.motionstudios.de/index.php?c ... -Gama.html

Motion Studios has a version 5 available, but if you thought the "deal" from Roxio was pricey, you might not want to click on the Motion Studios link :shock: .

Oldguy, thanks for taking a minute to share this.

Valued Member

Postby lynn1102 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:52 pm

I have Roxio Media Creater and just got an e-mail about the maps. Cost is $39.00, but it's version 4. On the main site, it's version 5 that's 5 times the cost for the download.

Lynn

Postby AMD » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Thanks, Lynn. For that price I may be interested. I'll check it out; I haven't looked today.

Thanks,
Ann

Postby AMD » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 am

Well, guys, I "caved."

Lynn, after you posted the info regarding the lower price, I went to the Roxio site but could only find the $49.99 price. Then, I asked my husband if he received e-mails from Roxio and he does. Lo and behold, he had the announcement and link for the $39.99 one and I ordered it.

I have downloaded and installed it and played around with it just a bit. It has some great built-in tutorials that explain its use very clearly. It is an awesome little program (well, not so small--more than a gig) which I think might come in handy occasionally. One of the neat things is that it does draw the travel route as well as has multiple animated objects (cars, cyclists, etc., etc.) that one can use on the routes--and lots and lots of maps.

Thanks, Forrest, for alerting me to it and to you, Lynn, for telling me about the reduced price. Well, I say thanks and sincerely mean it but guess I am thanking you for helping me spend money! Oh, well . . . it will give me one more tool in my Producer arsenal.

Ann

Ann

Valued Member

Postby lynn1102 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:44 am

This is the link that came with the e-mail: https://shop.roxio.com/store?Action=buy ... meid=44200 Definitely a copy and paste job.

Lynn

Postby jonP » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:02 am

Forrest, Thanks for the heads-up on this mapping tool and Lynn, thanks too for the link to the Roxio discount. I've been using another little program called Road Trip Effects Pro for a few months and been pretty satisfied, at least until now - This VDG software from Roxio makes that one look rather simplistic so I went for it too, what with everything this offers, I think the $40 price is reasonable especially when I look around at the crew I hang out with who think nothing of spending that much or more in just one evening at the bar :roll:

Postby dcbyrne » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:34 am

Has anyone figured out how to add your own maps? I copied jpg, png, and gif maps into a folder within the program on my C drive. After opening the program they are not visible where the other maps are. I also went through the manual and found nothing about adding maps. For my use, I don't like their maps. I purchased this program early tonight and have another problem I can't resolve. I cannot contact Support for the program. Before you can send an e-mail you must enter your e-mail address and a password. You must register first. When I try to register the page will not open. I tried this for 30 minutes. :evil:

Postby tdew » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 am

Please let us know how this works out. I did go and look again at the program details and it says
" Of course you can also integrate your own maps." so there should be a way to do so.

Postby AMD » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:27 am

Hi Guys,

I just copied a JPEG copy of my own map to the map folder in the program files. I then accessed it the same way you access the built-in maps--through Project Settings. You may have to play around with the size to get it they way you want it.

There may be another way to import a map, but I haven't seen it.

Ann

Postby dcbyrne » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Hello Ann,
Each time I want to use a map that I placed into the map folder, I have to start from the beginning in the Map Selection Window. By that I mean I have to start at my c drive and work my way too the maps folder. Only in that way is my folder titled US maps visible. If I open Project Settings, Map Selection only the programs map folders are visible. Not my US Map folder. Do you have that same problem?

Douglas

Postby texan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Are the maps by state?

How much resolution do you get with each map........? i.e. can you see selected cities in Texas?

Dallas, Houston, etc...........

Can you get groups of states? Like Texas, Oklahoma, La. ?????

You should be getting something for $49.95 ???
Texan

Next

Return to PSP - Third Party Applications