Writing narration line by line?

Share your technique and style with others using ProShow Gold
Esteemed Member

Writing narration line by line?

Postby jacktar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:32 am

Hi again out there.
I have just loooked at the show " Tribute to Trapper" by burntb4.
He has a nice effect on the narratin that I would like to learn.
On the same picture he first write two lines of narraion at the time. then comes the two next lines. etc until at last there is eight lines on the same picture.

Can somebody out there please tell how this is done?
Best regards
jacktar

Re: Writing narration line by line?

Postby osharr » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:39 am

jacktar ,
Looks like keyframing to me .
Ollie
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Esteemed Member

Postby jacktar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:48 am

osharr wrote:jacktar ,
Looks like keyframing to me .
Ollie

Well ollie. as a "greehorn" I dont know what keyframing is ( but I hopefully learn :D )

jacktar :D

Postby osharr » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:52 am

jacktar ,
We all started there , heres a link to a great book written by members here that has a chapter on keyframing .
files/TheForumBook_Menu.pdf , . Actually keyframing isn't available in PSG . It might be done with masks or multiple slides or someother technique .
Ollie
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Esteemed Member

Postby jacktar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:42 am

We all started there , heres a link to a great book written by members here that has a chapter on keyframing .
files/TheForumBook_Menu.pdf , . Actually keyframing isn't available in PSG . It might be done with masks or multiple slides or someother technique .
Ollie

Thank you ollie :D
I will read the book, but it looks like the narration in "Tribute to Trapper" is done in PSG, since the tifferent lines appears as "groving" or "fade ins".

jacktar

Postby trulytango » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Jacktar, in Gold you would do this text effect over a series of slides. If you look at 'Trapper' again, you'll see the picture in the background doesn't change, it's only the text that changes/gets added. Basically, it's a new slide each time there's a new line of text, and each slide starts as a copy of the end point of the previous one. The text appearing like it does is created by the fade transition between the slides.

I've not got Gold right now, on my machine, and I've forgotten what 'Copy' buttons it has, but look for a feature that will let you copy the end point of the entire previous slide over to the next, then add your 2nd line of text and repeat the procedure for however many slides/lines of text you need. You may also need to set previous lines of text to show during i.e. above the transition, so they don't 'fade out' during the transition and ruin the effect.

An experienced Gold user will probably be along shortly, to tidy up my explanation, but this basic (and very rusty) offer of help might get you started.

Loved that 'Trapper' show, brought a lump to my throat. :cry:
Windows 7 HP 64-bit, Intel i5 2500K Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 1.0GB Ge-Force NVIDIA GTX 560i, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Producer 6 (GPU Benchmark was 336, now 324), a big old Canon 20D and a funky Canon Powershot G15

Esteemed Member

Postby jacktar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:18 pm

Thank you so much trulytango :D
I will try out your sugestions.
Best regards from
jacktar :D

Esteemed Member

Postby jacktar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:45 pm

Ollie

Nice book Ollie. Now I got myself a new book to read :D

Postby debngar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:25 pm

osharr wrote:-snip- It might be done with masks or multiple slides or someother technique .
Ollie

It says the show was done in Gold under the show page thumbnail once you get to the show page.

http://www.photodex.com/share/burntb4/gmmb8mg4

So no key framing could be used. Masking is not available in Gold either.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Return to PSG - Style & Technique