Timing of adding a caption to video clip

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
John_WG

Timing of adding a caption to video clip

Postby John_WG » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:50 pm

I am working with PSG and am adding a video clip to a slide show and would like to know if it is possible
to add a caption at a certian time ....say 15 seconds into a 20 second clip........and then have it disappear. Any help would be appreciated....I searched the site and could not find anything on this.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Timing of adding a caption to video clip

Postby DickK » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:06 pm

I don't know of any way to do that in PSG. It should be doable with PSP since you can use keyframes to control many things within a single slide. Even with PSP, ProShow doesn't offer as much control over captions as other things.
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

John_WG

Postby John_WG » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 pm

....thank you for that info.......

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:48 am

Pondered this a bit more and still can't think of any trick that would do what you want easily. However, although I think it might be difficult to make it smooth, there might be a way to get there.

What PSP does in one slide with keyframes, we can often do with PSG by just using multiple slides. Using that here means dividing the video into two segments in a video edito and putting them on separate slides with CUT/0 between them, with the caption on the second slide. I suspect the transition across slides will be tricky to make perfect but maybe if the division was put at a point where there was no change from frame-to-frame it would end up looking okay.

Might work or it might fail miserably--only way to know is to try it.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks