More transitions

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.
Greg

Re: More transitions

Postby Greg » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:30 pm

I agree - PSP needs more transition options (including 3D transitions) and the ability to customize and add in out own transitions.

Thanks.

Postby Ron » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:32 pm

I also would like to see more - but I would think if we get all the things we ask for they might revert to their old price - I think the product is great for the price it can't be beat ... if we get bug spray that is. :P
Ron
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Valued Member

Postby samrua » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm not sure I need more transitions, just some different ones than are currently included. It would be interesting to survey this community to see what transitions are being used. I would bet (perhaps unsuccessfully :wink: ) that there are some transitions that people don't use all that often.

-Sam

Esteemed Member

Postby ladyt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:42 am

I liked Dale's transitions. Did he ever respond in a post with the template for the transitions he created?

Gladys

Postby im42n8 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:46 am

Gladys,

I'll have to work on which ones to provide. I've been a tetch on the busy side lately! Do you have any specific or "favorite" I might target first?

Dale

Esteemed Member

Postby ladyt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks for responding so promptly, Dale. I liked them all, so let it be your choice of your starting place. (Notice I said 'starting', cause I expect more of them. :D )

Gladys

Postby im42n8 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:51 pm

Ok, I've put together a transition called Rollup on Left. The ZIP file has been sent to Mike for inclusion into the Members Created Files section. In case you're interested (or just curious) this is the link to the transition demo:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... alb=148411

A TRANSITION (PSP v3.2 and later )

The initially viewed image is set to display for 3s of slide time. It will then move to the left. As it does so,
it appears to roll up on the left side of the screen. When it's scrolled fully left and off the screen, the rollup section fades and moves off screen.

In the rollup section, you can see the back of the image as it goes into the roll.

Requirements: two landscape images that fill the screen completely.

Styles given in SD and HD formats (PSP v4)
A PSH file in SD and HD formats (PSP v3.x and later). Template style: no images! Note if the PSH file is loaded in an earlier version of PSP than v4.2479, you may get a message stating that some of the data couldn't be interpreted. It should still load tho. Save it immediately (to a filename of your choosing) and it should load fine next time. The images are missing so you'll have to drop images in to see how it works.

Note: Layers 3 and 6 are the same image (the Initial image). Layer 7 is the Next image.

Dale
Last edited by im42n8 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esteemed Member

Postby ladyt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:07 am

Dale, thanks so much for designing and sharing this transition with us. I can hardly wait to try it myself. By the way, your photos in the demo are nice!

Keep those transitions coming.....

Peace and blessings,
Gladys

Postby Zotz1 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Hello All , :D
I hope everyone is making great shows :D I,d like to add my 2 cents about transitions . Im sure some of the
Gurus on here will be quick to tell me to do my homework and learn .And to that effect ,I am ,and I appreciate your help :D
But !!!!! Proshow could help as well .Some of us just want to make cool shows for friends and some of us want to make a go of this to make a living .We learn photoshop , Illustrater ,Sony Vegas ect.ect.
We know our shows are only as good as our last one ,so we watch other shows from other programs and try to figure out how they did it .
Wouldnt it be nice if ProShow added some new stuff once in a while ,and not for sale ,as a free upgrade and transistions would be a good start as they havent changed since day one .Ive seen some transitions that blow me
away ,but to be competitive ,I can either go broke trying to buy them ,or go out of business trying to learn how to
duplicate them when time is a factor .
Just My 2 Cents
Paul

gazebov

Postby gazebov » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:27 pm

I agree with Proshow adding more transitions. In the early version they had a terriffic page roll in 4 different directions. Seems as they added more duplicate transitions with variations they dropped the lovely page curling that was outstanding. In order to keep it I would have had to keep my version at the early level. Maybe if we complain a bit it will wake up the sleeping giants to include more of what we want, and not subtract from the version originally purchased! :cry:

gazebov

Postby HunnyB » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Wow, why in the world would they drop the page curl?
:evil:
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby debngar » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:22 pm

I wonder how long ago that was. I don't remember any page curl transition and have been using ProShow since Dec 2005. Someone made a page curl/peel effect and uploaded files in the Yahoo Producer group back in 2007. That particular effect consisted of a png file, a flipping sound and some instructions as to how to use it. But it wasn't a transition.

One has to belong to the Producer Yahoo group to get to the file but it can be found here:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/pspr ... te%20below)/

I think Dale (im42n8) created a nice page curl effect worth considering.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12971&p=103840#p103840
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Nena902

Postby Nena902 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:00 pm

I have used many slideshow software programs over the 9 years that I have been making slideshows and the best transitions I have ever seen were in the Roxio program. It was not a matter of how many came with the product, but what kind and in this case, they had numerous animated overlays and 3D transitions which came standard with their purchase product. Roxio did not cost nearly as much as Producer, so I don't get how Photodex PSG and PSP being three times more expensive, should make things more difficult for the user rather than simplifying things that would make customers happy. Having to make your own transitions through the limited use of masking which does not give a 3D effect no matter how much you try you can't get a realistic 3D effect, is very disappointing on the part of Photodex. This is where Photodex falls short of it's competition. I stopped using Roxio because the program was constantly crashing, a problem I have never had with Proshow, knock wood. In the Pinnacle program, they nickel and dime you to death with giving you standard wipes and force you to purchase small bundles of 3D transitions and special occasion themes. They do have a green-screen feature which comes in handy when you want to get creative. However, like I said,nothing comes standard and everything is extra. This is the reason I stopped using Pinnacle, I was going broke on the add-on purchases which I think is very unfair if you have purchased and registered your software and paid good money for a product, you should not be nickled and dimed to death by the manufacturer. I think that Photodex would be very foolish to nickel and dime their customers for transition bundles if they should ever have an epiphany to keep up with the competition. I also think that they are being very foolish not keeping up with the competition. PSP is the most expensive program out there right now and they should have the best of all three leading softwares PLUS more features unique only Photodex for the money they are charging.

Postby osharr » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:16 pm

nena902 ,
What Roxio and Pinnacle slideshow programs were you using ?
Ollie
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Postby Magmatic » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:59 am

Dale, what is the pxplay.exe or pxdown.exe add-in that wants to install trying to view your demo?

David Shuford

PreviousNext

Return to PSP - Feature Requests