2010 Challenge of Great Importance

This area is for member suggested challenges using ProShow Producer only. See top thread for challenge rules.
Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

2010 Challenge of Great Importance

Postby alcain » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:26 am

Hi gang. I have been so very busy lately with weddings, portraits, moving my baby daughter into Virginia Tech and also - the inspiration of this challenge - producing quite a few memorial tribute shows with Producer.

But in doing all these things, there has always been, in the back of my mind, a feeling that if I were to be taken away from this world tomorrow, what legacy would I leave behind... I take hundreds of portraits each week of other people and the special events in their lives, and make tribute videos of how special someone has been to this world, and I do often reflect on thoughts such as, "who am I, what have I done of any importance, would I be missed" and most importantly, "How would I want to be remembered". I try each day to be the best person I can be, but is that really ever enough? Do the special people in my live (a few of you enthusiasts in this forum are included) really know who Al Cain really is?

So I have decided (also due to a personal challenge by a very dear old lifelong friend) to attempt to create a "story of just who Al Cain is, and how I would want to be remembered by my friends". Is this egotistical? I don't think so. It is far more complex and heartfelt than that. Besides, who better to tell the story of someone's life than the 'someone" himself. In many of the memorial videos I create, I often wish I had known the person beforehand. I could have created a really detailed and more personal show, something with real emotion behind it. If I were to be taken away from this world, who could I trust to tell others who I was, and why I was at least of small importance.

I have gathered up all of the old, dusty albums I could find; and begun the task of trying to remember details of my life that, at least to me, seemed somewhat important - or important enough to share with ones I care about.

My challenge is your challenge.

I challenge each of you who reads this to think about how you would want to be remembered, and to think about putting together a production telling your story.

I have started the process of selecting images, music and memories, and I am quite sure it will take me a while to come up with a production I will feel comfortable sharing, but none-the-less, I am moving forward on this project as i write out this challenge to each of you.

Let me know your thoughts,

In peace and love to those of you whom I value in this group,

Grandpa Al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Re: 2010 Challenge of Great Importance

Postby dsprincis » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:47 am

Great idea! I've not posted any shows before but after seeing the anniversary shows that others have prepared and since my husband and I are celebrating our 50th anniversary this year, I've thought about doing a show featuring us and our children, grandchildren and friends. I've started the scanning process but still have a ways to go.
Darlene

Postby debngar » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:49 am

Some of my pictures only go so far and there are few beyond that because I'm mainly the one taking most of the pictures. :(

A couple of years ago, my older brother bought a nice quality DLSR camera and lenses and started to learn how to use it. We've spent a small bit of time talking technique and shooting, etc. For some reason, a few weeks ago he decided to just sell it all. I was hoping at some point, I'd finally have a few decent shots of me in the family pictures but guess I'm out of luck. Sigh... :roll:
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby TC Time » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:09 pm

I think this is a great idea!
For over a decade I was a consultant for a scrapbooking company...one of our main messages was to get people to journal, tell their story. Photos are a great way to get people talking. It adds life into our photos!

Debbie ~ I understand what you are saying as the family historian...there aren't many pictures of you. However, you are a great story teller! I think that even if there aren't enough pics of ourselves to do a show, we could use photos of the places we lived, went to school, things we did, etc. and tell a tale..it would still give insight into who we are. And what's great about PSP is that we can add our voices to tell the tales. Just a thought!
From here on out...give a kid the camera and let them take a shot of you :wink:

Thanks Al for the suggestion/challenge!
8) TC
TCTime

Postby osharr » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:31 pm

I think it's a great idea to tell these stories in your own voices (with voice overs etc.) . Nothing better than the story tellers own voice .
Ollie
If it ain't broke , don't fix it !

Postby HunnyB » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:54 am

You know there is a challenge going right now, don't you??? :lol:
Maybe it is over by now....the one about where you live. That you did not participate in !!!!!!

I guess I would just post my show I did for my own 50th birthday party. I was a clever one about that. :wink:

Anyway, how are you? You never talk to me anymore. :evil:

You know I love ya man
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby Jeep » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:12 pm

HunnyB wrote:You know I love ya man

Yep ! A love story ! This could be the start of your show Al' :mrgreen:
Jean-Pierre

My blog
Processor: Intel Quad core 2.33 Ghz - RAM: 4 Gb - Windows 8.1 64 bits - Video: Nvidia 720GT 2 Gb- Camera : Canon 5D Mark II + 24-105 + 100-400 - Sharing : jean_pierre

Return to PSP - Challenges