Slide Style Menu Feature

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Slide Style Menu Feature

Postby Ron » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:31 pm

Hi All
Would like to throw this out to the group. Some styles really only work in a specific format, portrait vs. landscape, although many work in both. Many times I'm only looking for , say a portrait format style, and I have to go hunting. As we all increase the number of styles we own there should be a way we can get to them quicker.
With that said does the photo below have any merit?
What are your thought and opinions on this?
It also seems the space was left for this???
Thanks
Ron

PS: I realize it should be ratio's! or is it Ratios' - lol - couldn't remember so I left it off :oops:
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Re: Slide Style Menu Feature

Postby jazzspot » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 pm

I like that Ron. I think it has merit for a selection choice in the slide styles. Although usually each style has the explanation for the type of photo to use, you have to hover over that style to find out. So your "Slide Style Menu Feature" request for selecting/identifying styles for portrait, landscape, or both, is something that I'd definitely use. 8)

Postby cherub » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Ron,
I think that such a suggestion was put to Photodex at some point.
The problems that they saw with this, was the fact that some styles use both landscape and portrait pictures, together and each has its role in the style.
I myself have created some styles that make use of both formats at the same time.
So, how would the program categorize those?

Postby im42n8 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:52 pm

I also have designed styles that use both landscape and portrait in the same style. I also have styles that don't care whether the images used are either landscape or portrait. I'm not sure how those would get catalogued either.

I do agree that a more informational approach is needed but I'm not sure what that would be. I know that when I search for styles I think would be appropriate, I can spend some time trying to find those styles. Sometimes, I just need a style that's close and I'll modify it for the show once it's applied. But, I need to know what the style is. Finding appropriate styles with the current approach is a bit cumbersome at times. I am not, however, sure how to improve what we have right now.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Ron » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:09 am

Hi
Dale, Mona the drop down would gives you 3 choices - 1) All Format Ratio, for those styles that work in either format - 2) Portrait & 3)Landscape. My thought was it would help narrow down the hunt. Photodex includes a choice w/ dropdown for Aspect ratio - 16x9, 4x3 etc. even though many of those can be used in either/both formats as well.

The thing that I questioned and why I thought of what I did ... Why didn't Photodex center the "Layers" choices ??? Is it a design flaw ?? It seems to me like it was designed for another drop down menu that maybe got scrapped ??? I really don't know but it looks wierd to me on a design level.
Enjoy
"Family over Friends" "Night over Day" "Nikon over Canon" "Gravy over Everything"

Postby im42n8 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:08 am

Ron,

Right now Photodex supplies the ability to sort you styles by category, number of layers, and aspect ratio of the show (16:9, 4:3, custom, the aspect of the show being worked on). They also allow either a straight list or a list with thumbnail. So, you've got the ability to narrow down your search already.

The problem, for me, comes when I want one that uses 1 landscape and 2 portrait images, for instance. Not all 3 (initial) layers styles are going to apply in that instance. I'm not sure how much work that'd be to implement (a choice that further delineates the type of layers in the style . . . a mouseover extra info popup, for instance).

I have a heck of a time finding the right style sometimes, even with the filtering choices offered.

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby Ron » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:41 am

So, you've got the ability to narrow down your search already.

I have a heck of a time finding the right style sometimes, even with the filtering choices offered

Thats my point exactly and why another choice or two would help.
I even created a category "MY TOP TEN" which contains my favorites that a use the most.
Every little bit helps when trying to find a needle in a haystack

Return to PSP - Feature Requests