CrazyTalk at DJ

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

CrazyTalk at DJ

Postby AMD » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am

Hi Guys,

Just a heads up that DJ has a partner deal on CrazyTalk for half price ($74.97). Don't know how long it is for. I know I missed about a year ago and had to pay almost full price in addition to the biggest hassle I have ever had with an Internet order. It really is a fun program; I am currently integrating it quite heavily into a reunion show I am making.

Ann

Re: CrazyTalk at DJ

Postby heckydog » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Wow!

You and Sheldon posted at the same time on the same topic!

Anyone ever tell you that you have a twin and you were separated at birth? :wink:

and you both belong to the ProShow forum and go to DigitalJuice.com :roll:

never mind . . . . . :oops:

Joe

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:16 pm

I almost made it triplets this morning !!(I got the same email from DJ) :lol:

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Frankie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:30 am

Thanks Ann. I missed it last time too and regretted it. It looks like lots of fun. I just placed my order. Is it very hard to use?

Frankie

Postby AMD » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:02 am

Hey, I thought Sheldon, Mikey, and I had something in common . . . but Mama liked me best and kept me!

Frankie, CrazyTalk is and isn't difficult. It is easy to make little "critters" talk but I am still having some problems getting them to do some of the exact expressions I would like. It is really a fun program and this price is great. I ordered from an online place that was horrible, though. I didn't get the software for a month, when I did get it there was already an upgrade for which they originally wanted money and I had to battle that, my credit card company had to get involved, and it was the biggest mess I have ever had ordering online. I do absolutely love the software, though, and have made a lot of people smile by having their pets talk. I do wish there was a better manual for it; they do have some pretty good online tutorials to watch, though. If I spent more time with it, I am sure I could do more things with it.

It makes me want to order it again since it would come from DJ and is half price, LOL!

Ann

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:00 am

Check it out at DJ - they have a quick tutorial there you can watch that gives you an idea how to make it work. I was playing with it a bit last night and it worked pretty good except I had not managed to define the face area correctly for my dog and when the head moved, the tips of the ears didn't move (the "idle motion" - where the head moves a bit, the eyes blink etc). Anyway, you can watch the DJ tutorial on using it (and download a copy if you want). Seems pretty cool.
http://www.digitaljuice.com/products/pr ... p?pid=1391

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby sheldonk » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:46 am

We are all brothers from another mother!

I enjoy using Crazytalk alot! I really need to sit down and play with some of the more advanced features, but if you watch the basic tutorials, you can get the hang of it real fast!

Sheldon

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 am

I ordered it from DJ last night and about an hour later had the email with the key info and a download link to the full version (119 megs) so that went smoothly. Have not installed the full version yet (I did install the trial yesterday and played a bit), but it all seemed to go smoothly.

mikey

Postby Frankie » Tue May 04, 2010 11:08 am

I ordered CrazyTalk. It looks great but I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. In the meantime, I got another ad from Digital Juice for 50% of CrazyTalk Animation Toolbox from Reallusion. Do you Crazy Talk experts think it's worth getting? It isn't very much money. I just don't know enough about the program yet to know if I should also take advantage of this sale to order the toolbox to go with it.

Frankie

Postby AMD » Tue May 04, 2010 5:53 pm

Frankie,

I had previously ordered the Volumes 1 and 2 facial expressions. I think I paid about $29 for each--can't remember for sure. The TookKit that they have for half price includes those two volumes, which makes me less interested. I don't know that I would ever use the cartoon features, etc., and sure wouldn't want to be essentially purchasing duplicates of the two volumes included so I wasn't as tempted by the half-price on the TookKit. I do like the Vols. 1 and 2 facial expression, though, and the kit for just those two volumes would be a better price than I paid plus you would get the other features. I would rather have been able to purchase the ToolKit originally at this price and would certainly have done so.

Ann

Postby Frankie » Wed May 05, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Ann,

So if I read you right that sounds like you think it'd be worth it, right?

Frankie

Postby AMD » Fri May 07, 2010 11:06 am

Frankie,

If I hadn't purchased the two volumes that are included already, I would have purchased it at that price. As I mentioned, I might or might not ever use the other things that are included. Surely wish I could have purchased CrazyTalk for your price and, even more, that I hadn't had to go through such a hassle with the vendor I used; it was my worst experience ordering online with the exception of one experience where a vendor (not graphic oriented) just sent nothing at all!

Ann

Postby Frankie » Fri May 07, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks for the advice. I know some companies can be frustrating to deal with. Fortunately, Digital Juice seems to be one of the good ones. How is the reunion show coming?

Frankie

Postby AMD » Fri May 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Frankie,

The reunion show is coming along very nicely. Just waiting for a few more days for some images and it will be a "wrap." It is quite long but with many images not seen by classmates for 50 years!

Good luck with CrazyTalk; may have to post my intro with the lion "speaking." He cries huge tears as he watches a video of the grads getting ready with their caps and gowns, too. He also puts a white-gloved hand to his mouth as he cries; that effect was in one of the facial expression volumes that I purchased--also in the TookKit--kinda cute, I thought.

Ann

Postby Frankie » Fri May 07, 2010 6:04 pm

Great! I'll have to give it a try. Still haven't had a chance to focus on it yet but it looks like lots of fun. I'm sure your classmates will love it!

Frankie

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications