Flying Snapshots - Can we do this in PSG?

Post your tips & tricks here for creating slide shows with ProShow Gold. This could include suggestions for style and content in addition to working with the software itself
chantal012

Flying Snapshots - Can we do this in PSG?

Postby chantal012 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 am

Is there a way we could do something similar in PSG?
I saw this neat feature in PSP.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Flying Snapshots - Can we do this in PSG?

Postby TinaJ » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Are you talking about the slide style where the pics fly in to a white flash and overlap each other? I did this on my own for years in PSG. It's a matter of using several slides in progression, with a blank white slide between each photo slide so simulate the flash.
This is one way:

Slide 1: Has a cut transition and time of zero BEFORE it. Slide is blank white, length is 0.1, transition after is cut and zero.
Slide 2: First picture (layer) comes in from bottom right at 50%, with white outline and black dropshadow.rotation is at -12. Time is 0.5. transition is cut and zero.
Slide 3: Same picture just sitting for 0.5, cut transition and zero time.
Slide 4: Blank white, time is 0.1, cut transition after with zero time.
Slide 5: First picture is still in place, second picture (layer) is brought in from bottom left. Time is 0.5, transition is cut and zero.
Slide 6: Both pics are just sitting for 0.5, transition is cut and zero.
Slide 7: Blank white, time is 0.1, transition cut and zero.
Slide 8: 3rd Picture comes in from top right, time is 0.5 and transition is cut and zero.
Slide 9: 3 layers sit for 1.0 seconds.

I am assuming that you know you can use Copy end to next slide(all layers) for each photo slide and then go back in after to add the blank slides for your photo flash.

You can adjust these in any way to conform to your music timing, this particular form was done to work with a particular song, and even tho I could have used the slide style in producer, it was too much work for me to adjust all those key frames and times. I can do the entire style beginning to end in less time in Gold.
Tina
PSG 3, PSP 4, Photoshop CS, Sony Alpha 200,
Grade 2/3 teacher
Somebody's Nanny all the time!

Esteemed Member

Postby des.tom » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Is there a sample of this anywhere?

Des Thomas

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 pm

I had to hunt thru my shows but I found one so you could watch and not be tortured too much by my wonderful grandkids!! It is here:
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewsho ... 7186&alb=0
at about the 1:15 mark. As I said earlier, you can tweak and adjust to taste, and this may not be exact as far as timing but will give you the idea.
Tina

p.s. for some reason, I did the menu differently, and you need to right click to make it play!
Grade 2/3 teacher

chantal012

Postby chantal012 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:16 am

Great show - love it!
For the flying snapshots - I got it from here http://www.photodex.com/gallery/view?px=2455
Time - 1:33

And yes, it's like what you do in yours!! Thanks!!! :)

A couple of questions...since I know you use both PSP & PSG...

1 - the ripple effect (transition) - is that in PSP?

2 - at about 0.47 in your show, you have 2 pics side by side that are like "fading" on the side, close to each other...or blending I should say. Is is the Gradient Mask Blend in PSP? in PSP only or is it doable in PSG?

3 - Also... at 1.07 in the following show http://www.photodex.com/gallery/view?px=2400
They have the reflection effect (which I know how to create)...but the background...is there a way to do a gradient like that in PSG or would I have to use a software such as Photoshop to make my own background style?

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby TinaJ » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:34 pm

1. I think the transitions are the same in both PSG and PSP. I know I used the ripple in Gold shows prior to v. 4.

2. It is the Gradient Mask in Producer. I know I've done something similar in Gold, using photoshop, but I don't think I made my pictures move as they do in Producer.

3. I don't have Gold on this computer (but now thinking I need it back for quickie shows!) so can't help with the gradient. I know you can make a solid color background under the background tab, but I can't remember if you can do the gradient there or if you would have to do something in photoshop.
Tina
Grade 2/3 teacher

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:49 pm

TinaJ wrote:3. I don't have Gold on this computer (but now thinking I need it back for quickie shows!) so can't help with the gradient. I know you can make a solid color background under the background tab, but I can't remember if you can do the gradient there or if you would have to do something in photoshop.
Tina

You can't do a gradient directly. You'd need to create it in something else which would be easy but might take some trial-and-error to get it "just so".
Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

chantal012

Postby chantal012 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:24 am

DickK wrote:You can't do a gradient directly. You'd need to create it in something else which would be easy but might take some trial-and-error to get it "just so".
Dick

Thanks - that's what I thought!

TinaJ wrote:1. I think the transitions are the same in both PSG and PSP. I know I used the ripple in Gold shows prior to v. 4.

I'll have to search & find it!! Thanks!!

Return to PSG - Tips & Tricks