Manual/Automatic keyframes POLL

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Producer here.

Do you set keyframes to manual & want the option in preferences to make manual the default?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:03 am

Yes
86%
Don't care
14%

Total votes : 35

Re: Manual/Automatic keyframes POLL

Postby BarbaraC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Brian, I considered "No," but it ended up not making sense. If it were a question of permanently changing the default to manual so that the automatic lovers would end up where we manual lovers are currently, then the choice of a negative answer would be absolutely vital.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby juicedownload » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Automatic keyframes does drive me crazy.
I'm doing a lot more clicking. I've already gone through a mouse! - the left clicker doesn't work properly. And it was less than a year old. I've never seen a poor mouse die like that before.

Is it me, or did they make the issue worse with the latest release of 4.12712?

I think anyone that does anything with keyframing would appreciate additional options.

Tim

Postby juicedownload » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:57 pm

cherub wrote:I use the option of adding keyframes at the end, and not in the middle, so I do get the manual option all the time, with no special effort on my part.
So, I answered "Don't care". :lol:

Nice solution, I never noticed this before.
I'll use this for my future projects.

Tim

Postby anitaemile » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:02 pm

I didn't understand the mayhem about this "problem" and than it dawned on me that , like Mona, I don't add keyframes in between keyframe 1 and 2. I add after 2. I rather do like that automatic function, since whenever I do add keyframes in between, it's usually to add something while all other actions need not to be interrupted, so those green signs are very welcome to me. In case I do not need to use that automatic feature, I just do either copy start to end, or end to start. I wonder if that's how the brain is wired. Some have no problem understanding alpha masks, but have difficulty understanding gray scale masks,while others just experience the opposite. Adding keyframes after the second one versus in between must be one other logic for some, and not so logic for others thing.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:25 am

We all have different ways of thinking and of building a show. My method is to unceremoniously dump all pictures into the slides, then start shifting them until there's more cohesion. Next I start adding keyframes, feeling my way as I go. My default transition is a cut, and any transitions I use are in the last keyframe. Imagine what happens if the transition is there and I suddenly realize I need an extra keyframe. Add it at AFTER the transition? Not going to happen. And so I end up having to add keyframes somewhere in the middle and then try to remember to change automatic to manual, which I don't always do because, on my screen, those green/blue bars are about 1 millimeter wide, and blue and green are colors way too close to each other. Photodex used to use logical colors--red and green. I wish they'd return to them.

So, at the very least, we who have older eyes could use contrasting markers. The very best would be to give those of us who need it the option to set everything to manual.

Barbara

Postby johnmac2007uk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:15 am

Hi Barbara:
As a newbie to PSProducer and Keyframing, while working on a Keyframing set last night, I could not understand how the settings where keep changing until I spotted the (Green/Blue Tab) for Auto/Manual Settings.
Then the penny dropped.

So I give a "Big Yes"

Cheers:
John
John Robert McNally
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
United Kingdom

Postby BarbaraC » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:05 am

Unfortunately, John, Photodex doesn't see it our way. I reported the results of this poll to them but for whatever reason, they just don't understand that blue and green buttons aren't all that visible nor, more importantly, do they understand why any of us would spend so much time changing every last one of the keyframes to manual. It would appear that we who know our mind better than the software will have to continue to do battle with it. :(

Barbara

Postby HunnyB » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 am

So, Barbara, they didn't log this into their list of requests? :lol:

I don't know how in the world I missed out on this poll. Seems that lately I am missing a lot of things around here :twisted:

Anyway -- question for you. Why do you use your transition in the last keyframe and not in the usual transition place? Just curious.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Postby BarbaraC » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:34 am

HunnyB wrote:Anyway -- question for you. Why do you use your transition in the last keyframe and not in the usual transition place? Just curious.

Because it doesn't affect the slide that follows, leaving me free to use another transition or none at all at the beginning of the second slide. And then there's the neat trick of combining transitions, having one in the last keyframe of the first slide, between the two slides, and in the first keyframe in the second slide.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:39 am

Odd - I guess I missed the poll as well. Well, my vote is with the majority - (and different colors too)

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Bighousedaddy » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:42 am

I missed it too Mikey... I'm taking it wasn't a light pole... maybe a telephone pole...

Ken
Love and Peace
Kenn aka Bighousedaddy <><

Postby HunnyB » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:45 am

Right Barbara --- I do that a lot of times too.
I thought you were meaning that you did it on the last keyframe all of the time.
Even when you did not use another one.
HunnyB
PSP4, Canon EOS Rebel T1i, Canon EF70-300mm lens, Dell Studio XPS 9100 desktop w/ blu-ray burner & Windows 7; hpMedia center pc370n desktop; Gateway Laptop; Epson 4990 scanner; hpC5280 Printer; Adobe CS5; QuarkXpress 8

Previous

Return to PSP - Feature Requests