Layers?

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.
zorro18

Layers?

Postby zorro18 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Am a total noob when it comes to Layer functionalities.
I wanna learn more about Layers, what is it, what can it do etc....
Are there any basic tutorials on this?

Re: Layers?

Postby SherryJB » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:43 pm

Go to "Member Created Files" here on this forum and download the Forum Book. It was written by longtime users of Proshow and the worked together to create great documentation for us all. It is for a previous version, but is still relevant for the current versions of the software.

Also, Photodex's new User's Manual, available from their site, includes some good info to get you started.

Read over this info, and if you still need more info, drop another request here in the forum. We will help you get started.

Sherry B.

zorro18

Postby zorro18 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:21 am

Thakn you, SherryJB. I will do that

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:28 am

Zorro,

I just hate it when people expect personalised answers when it is there available in the forum.
A quick search will yield several excellent answers.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby Barkingmad » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:37 am

pd wrote:Zorro,

I just hate it when people expect personalised answers when it is there available in the forum.
A quick search will yield several excellent answers.

pd

Zorro is a new member - I can remember when I first joined..... the site has so much information it can be overwhelming ... and it took me awhile to even notice the search function ... :oops: :D

Zorro welcome and good luck with learning layers ... they are a wonderful tool when one gets the hang of them :D
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Nena902

Postby Nena902 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:07 am

This is the way I learned and I would like to share.
Concept of Layers: When you work with layers, you have to first understand the concept which will make it alot easier. So first we image an artist at his work desk with his sketchpad and pencil. He has several transparent sheets too. Now he is drawing a stick figure onto his sketchpad. That is layer number one. Now he wants to add a tree. So he will lay a transparent sheet on top of his stickman and draw a tree. He will move the sheet around until the tree is just where he wants it to be in the picture. This is layer number two. Next he draws a sun and some clouds on a new transparent sheet. He moves that around as well until the sun and clouds are where he wants them in the picture and now he is done with layer three. The artist will use as many layers as he needs until his project is done. And this is the concept of layers.
Using layers in proshow is about the same except the images are already on each layer. Using more than one photo or image in a slide and moving them around so you have one image from many is the concept of using layers in a slideshow. "Out of many- One" is the concept. Practice and you will get it in no time. Limited space here so if you need more help please send me a message.

Valued Member

Postby charlie4031 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:54 am

Hi Zorro,

Welcome to the forum. I know it can be a daunting task to learn Proshow and all of it's functions and capabilities but you have come to the right place. You can find a bunch of tutorials here about layers just browse around.

But to put it simply. You can understand the basic concept of layers by imagining you have a bunch of printed photos maybe 10 and you place them on top of each other. Each photo represents a layer. You could move them independent of each other. Some you can rotate, some you can move horizontally or vertically from the stack.

That's the same concept of layers in Proshow except that this time it's in your computer. :D

The concept is as simple as that. Just enjoy the learning process.

Charlie
IzzySlides.com - Simplifying SlideShow Creation
New and Updated with new tutorials and tips.

Return to PSG - Tutorials