How do I download vidoe tutorials on this board

Please post your tutorials here for ProShow Gold only. Provide a link if you have a file that can be downloaded by others. This is not a discussion section, but rather a source for sharing tutorials.

How do I download vidoe tutorials on this board

Postby kayone » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:32 pm

These video tutorials are wonderful and certainly more informative that Photodex has ever offered.

Is there software, or a technique so that I can download the video and store it on my hard drive?

Vic Ouellette

Re: How do I download vidoe tutorials on this board

Postby heckydog » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Some people post tutorials on youtube and provide a link in their post. For those you would have to get the URL for the youtube video and use a program designed to download youtube videos. I use Youtubedownloader but there are lots of others to choose from. That will work for any youtube video not just ones posted here.

If the tutorial is posted as a Presenter file then there is a way to download the temp file that's created on your computer. For WinXP, go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\temp If you click on the Date Modified column so today's date is at the top, then the file you want should be at the top in the form of "psgXXX.tmp where the XXX is a number. Use "Copy This File" from the File and Folders Tasks column and save it to a convenient location. Then change the extension to px and the psgXXX to something that will ID the file for you. Double-clicking will then play the file for you. You MUST do this while the file is playing and you MUST wait until the file is completely buffered to your computer. If you stop the video, the temp file disappears.

Joe

Postby ChrissyC » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:34 pm

kayone, the way Joe told you is how I do it also and it works beautifully..I have a folder with all video tutorials and special shows I liked and want to watch again, you save shows the same way.
have fun
Chrissy

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby pd » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:49 am

I believe Vimeo video can be also saved with an appropriate downloader. I have a tendency to not trust the free software. Anybody can suggest a safe downloader.

pd
regards.
pd

Postby kayone » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:27 pm

I almost have it. I can see the bytes building on the temp file. Can I copy the file as it gets buffered in and copy it to a new location? Will the copy have all the buffered data in it?

Vic Ouellette

heckydog wrote:Some people post tutorials on youtube and provide a link in their post. For those you would have to get the URL for the youtube video and use a program designed to download youtube videos. I use Youtubedownloader but there are lots of others to choose from. That will work for any youtube video not just ones posted here.

If the tutorial is posted as a Presenter file then there is a way to download the temp file that's created on your computer. For WinXP, go to C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\temp If you click on the Date Modified column so today's date is at the top, then the file you want should be at the top in the form of "psgXXX.tmp where the XXX is a number. Use "Copy This File" from the File and Folders Tasks column and save it to a convenient location. Then change the extension to px and the psgXXX to something that will ID the file for you. Double-clicking will then play the file for you. You MUST do this while the file is playing and you MUST wait until the file is completely buffered to your computer. If you stop the video, the temp file disappears.

Joe

Site Admin

Postby MG - Admin » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:54 pm

kayone wrote:I almost have it. I can see the bytes building on the temp file. Can I copy the file as it gets buffered in and copy it to a new location? Will the copy have all the buffered data in it?

You must wait until the entire video has loaded before trying to copy the file to a new location. If you don't wait you'll end up with a corrupt file.

Mike

Return to PSG - Tutorials