Dogwaffle Giveaway

Discuss which third party applications you use to help create your slide shows using ProShow Gold. This is not a forum to promote other slide show software programs.

Dogwaffle Giveaway

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:15 am

If you don't subscribe to Giveaway of the Day, you really ought to. Here's today's little gem:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/project-dogwaffle-2/

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Re: Dogwaffle Giveaway

Postby kellysgreens » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:25 pm

is giveawayoftheday free?

Esteemed Member

Postby Alan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:12 pm

Free? Yes! Providing you pick it up on the day it is offered. My problem is with living here in God's country - by the time I get to my email the offer has gone. Nevertheless some great little progs are made available. Just go to http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ and subscribe.

Cheers
Alan
Downunder
Alan

Sydney, Australia

Postby Barkingmad » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:55 am

LOL - my problem is that when you reformat you lose them all ... :lol:
Shaz BMad
"Confusion is a word we have invented for an order which is not yet understood." Henry Mille

Postby Diane48 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Barkingmad...yes that has just happened to me too. Lost quite a few of them. Will have to hope that they recycle some of them soon! Didn't use them often enough to buy them but they were handy all the same. Also a reminder to everyone to always save registration keys. I bought Highlighter Pro and now have to reinstall after my reformat but can't find my registration keys to activate the program again. :(
Cheers, Diane

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:21 am

Rolodex: It sits on my desktop, and it's the collection point for all registration codes, passwords, and other such vital bits of information that there's no way ever of remembering. I used to keep it all in a file on my computer. Can you guess what the consequence of doing this ended up being? Imagine a major hard drive crash. :(

Barbara

Esteemed Member

Re: Dogwaffle Giveaway (& Passwords/Reg Codes)

Postby nwenban » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:00 pm

Hi Barbara,

Re Rolodex, I'm assuming that you mean the physical one that you have on a desk.

To keep track of my passwords, reg codes & other www related info, I use http://keepass.info/index.html.

It's free, can be run portable off a USB stick, and has many plug-ins inc "KeePassSync" which allows it to sync your DB file to one of the online storage providers. At least this way your important info would be accessable in case your PC died/stolen etc.

Neville

PS: Now all I've got to do is find a plug-in for me to ensure I keep my data up to date :roll:
Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly!!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:12 pm

I'm an old-fashioned gal, and I love my Rolodex, which is most certainly of the physical sort. I've learned a total mistrust of all things digital because it's where Murphy's Law truly comes into its own.

Barbara

Postby Diane48 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:25 pm

Thank you Barbara and Neville for your ideas on keeping passwords etc. Until now I have a list of passwords in a spiral pad on my desk but leafing through to find the information is a hassle. (and had never thought to include activation keys) :oops: Have translated your Rolodex to what could be a Teledex and am going out to buy one this morning and get myself sorted out. Every password, registration key, activation key whatever will be nicely filed by tonight! I lost so much in my lastest crash and reformat that it wasn't funny. Have to do something to insure for the next time.
Cheers and thanks for the ideas
Diane

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 am

Neville, I've witnessed the demise of two computers nearly at the same time, and so maybe you should nevertheless keep physical copies of those important bits. :shock:

Diane, I just did a quick check online, and your Teledex is most definitely the same thing as my Rolodex. It's wonderful for finding anything in a jiffy, and if something is no longer relevant, you just pull out the card and throw it away. Adding and deleting is pure child's play.

Barbara

Postby Diane48 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Barbara. Just letting you know that my Teledex is up and running and all up to date with every bit of information I can put in. I feel so much safer now!
Thank you for your idea.
Cheers, Diane

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Diane, I started off with a small one, but it grew, then grew some more, and finally it started exploding cards all over the place, so I went to one of those huge ones. After a number of years of using it, it still has room to grow. Sitting on my desk, it makes me look very official. The mess on the rest of the desk makes me look a whole lot less so. Actually, I don't have a desk. I have a room that's wrapped in countertop, giving my mess the ultimate in room in which to grow. I like to say it's creativity at work, but really, it's just a rotten mess.

Barbara

Postby silverfox » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:57 pm

We replaced our Roledex wtih AZZcardfile a year ago ... and now can't get along without it ........

http://www.azzcardfile.com/

AZZ Cardfile is Windows program that helps manage any personal information like addresses, phone numbers, references, notes, recipes.
Azz Cardfile incorporates many useful tools in one piece of software: simple and powerful, totally customizable organizer software without predefined fields, Recipe Software, Contacts Database, Address Book, Rolodex, Contact Management Software, Simple Database, Organizer for Notes, References or any other items.
Modern customizable user interface, ease of use and extensive features makes this information management software equally suitable for business office or home use.
Number of cards on individual data file is unlimited. Text and objects on each card can be formatted and organized in free form, similar to any text editor window (Word, Wordpad, Notepad)

Fast and easy to use ...

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:16 pm

The only info I store digitally is the business stuff, but I also print it out. I do it all in Excel because it's perfect for the job.

Barbara

Postby debngar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:58 pm

silverfox wrote:We replaced our Roledex wtih AZZcardfile a year ago ... and now can't get along without it ........

-snip-

Fast and easy to use ...

I've used AZZcardfile for years to store greeting card verses and such. It's a nice little program.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Next

Return to PSG - Third Party Applications