Mark Slide for Deletion / Change / Edit

Post your requested features for future versions of ProShow Gold here.
jbenn

Mark Slide for Deletion / Change / Edit

Postby jbenn » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:17 pm

I'd love to be able to right click on a slide in the time line and put a big, red X on it visually to mean "don't forget to get rid of this slide," or "this picture sucks, pick something else."

I have slides in my show that I'm using as placeholders until I can find something better. I put an image in there originally, but later decided not to use that image. The problem is that I have the thing all timed out, so if I just delete that slide I'll lose my synchronization. I don't want to delete the thing right away, I need to find a better picture to take its place. I need to just mark it, so that I don't forget to pull it out, but leave it in there for the moment.

Along the same line, it would be nice to have a small library of quick symbols (not edited caption text) so I could mark it with green arrows, check marks, question marks, maybe some other things too. In this way I could zip through and cherry pick slides slides to mark with these quick symbols, and I can assign meanings / reminders to these symbols so that I can come back and change certain things about them, say, their motion effects.

The key here is a quick (keystroke or right click) application, not a separate dialog box or 100 menus.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Re: Mark Slide for Deletion / Change / Edit

Postby briancbb » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:08 am

I don't really use your work procedure, I check as I go, but I see your point.

As a work around, you could have prepared slides with a transparent background containing your 'red cross' and other symbols, and drop these as a layer on top of the slide.
Briancbb (Brian, Clown by birth)
Thanks Al for the signature
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Esteemed Member

Postby rlsu » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:48 am

Brian,
I love that idea! I usually put a blank slide to hold a place, but I can't add any motion. So simple, why didn't I think of that?
Michelle
Michelle

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:39 am

Thanks Michelle :D

I stumble along, and like Barbara trip on my shoelaces sometimes, fall flat on my face, and sometimes see a good idea in the mud.
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

jbenn

Postby jbenn » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:12 pm

briancbb wrote:I don't really use your work procedure, I check as I go, but I see your point.

As a work around, you could have prepared slides with a transparent background containing your 'red cross' and other symbols, and drop these as a layer on top of the slide.

The reason for that flow is that I often create slide shows to document events that take place over time. For example, a sports team's entire season. The photos are taken each week, and after about three weeks or so there are enough images in the library to create a usable slide show so I begin creating the show early on. But there are still many more images to come! So the slide show evolves with the progression of the season, and as I pictures late in the season it can replace a picture from earlier in the season.

Marking, or notations on, the pictures that mean things like "very good, but replaceable" could help tremendously when those final, crunch hours come along. It also helps when I go out to capture the photos, because I can say "I have an image like this, but if I can grab a very similar image that has better technical merit then I can replace the one in the show right now." That kind of visual checklist would be very helpful.

Your workaround could go a long way to doing that. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely try it!

Postby debngar » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Another option might be to use a set of captions. Captions always sit on top of all layers though. So if you have more than one layer, you'll have to be specific as to which layer you are holding in limbo. Captions can be in the slide but simply turned on or off too. You can put your own big red X over the slide as a caption for instance but just make sure it plays THROUGH the transition and out so you see it in the slide timeline picture. Else it doesn't always show up unless the scrubber bar is shoved to the center of the slide display time.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby BarbaraC » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 pm

I've occasionally used captions as markers, but it never occurred to me to use Brian's big fat X. Your mud's better than my mud, Brian. :D

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 am

Barbara

I have never used a thick red X :oops: I was just thinking of an answer to the query. I just use 'memory', that is why my shows are so bad. :D :D
Producer v6.0 Build 3410

Postby BarbaraC » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:09 am

Brian, there've been several times when I've uploaded a show, watched it to see if it ran properly, and discovered I'd left in a slide with some peculiar note to myself. Then there's a big fat rush to delete the show before anyone watches and discovers that, not only do I talk to myself out loud, but I also talk to myself on slides. Doing such things requires overly long shoelaces.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Return to PSG - Feature Requests