Layers or multiple slides?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Layers or multiple slides?

Postby kabeeo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:36 am

Hi everbody. I am trying to put a team logo in the center of a slide and have 12 small pictures (the players) come out from behind the logo on to different points in the final slide. Should I do this as all one slide or is there a better way to do this? Thanks for your input.

I also have to say that as a recent convert over from Adobe Premiere I am enjoying the use of this program. With a few exceptions, it is much more user friendly and flexible than Premiere.

Thanks again.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Re: Layers or multiple slides?

Postby nannybear » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:09 am

Hi Kevin,
Been awhile since I used Gold and you can now have layers, but not keyframes correct? So without keyframes I think :roll: :oops: you would do it in multiple slides. Not 100% positive so hopefully someone will come along and confirm for you. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

PhotoGavin

Postby PhotoGavin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Kevin

In PSG you have two choices.

If you want all the players to move out together a single slide with lots of layers will work just fine.

However if you want the players to move out one by one then it's going to have to be multiple slides. The technique would be
* Make a slide with the logo and first player underneath.
* Apply motion effects to the player.
* Use "Copy End to Next Slide (All Layers)" as shown in this video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uXkizqXaKT0
* Add another player on a new layer & apply motion effects
* Repeat for the rest of the players

I hope that helps

Gavin

hootowls

Postby hootowls » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:32 pm

If you decide to do multiple layers, check it as you go. I have a show where one slide has 20 layers and PSG renders it very jerkily. It really does not look nice. There does seem to be a limit and with full sized images, this is it.

hootowls

Postby kabeeo » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:31 am

Thanks everybody. I put 14 pics in the slide. The first (which is a photo of a team's shirt) is full size and zooms from 100% to 0%. The remaining pics (photos of the players) are reduced to 20% and start from behind the first (so they are hidden) and move out to the sides so they appear to be coming from behind the first as it disappears. The motion in Gold is actually very smooth and it looks pretty good. Thanks for everybody's input.
--Kevin
Proshow Producer
Canon 50D
Elements 10

Return to PSG - General Discussion