Transitions - available from third parties?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Transitions - available from third parties?

Postby gwillets » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 am

Running ProShow Gold 3.2.2047

Are third party transition effects available? Specifically I would like a "page curl" effect, and perhaps some others. The ProShow Gold transition library doesn't have a wide variety - mostly variations of the same or similar transitions.

Other than that, ProShow Gold is terrific.

Thanks very much for direction and/or help.

Gary

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:43 am

I have not seen any support for third party transitions for either Gold or Producer.
There have been a number of requests for them, but nothing available. You can
get that effect though by exporting your show in Producer as an uncompressed avi
file then using a video editor to do extra stuff. Gold doesn't allow you to create
uncompressed avi files as far as I know.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:15 pm

I don't know how you'd get that particular effect but don't forget that you can construct a pretty wide variety of other transitions. There are a couple examples in the tutorial sections -- this is one --

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=3798

In addition, there are a bunch of special effects available from Digital Juice (http://www.digitaljuice.com/default.asp?) that could probably be used to build transitions -- I just got a couple packages from them that I want to experiment with but haven't yet done it so I can only say that I expect it to work vice I've done.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby gwillets » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:58 am

Mikey and Dick,

Thanks very much for your prompt replies.

I was hoping for an easy solution but wasn't very optimistic. A year or so ago I contacted a ProShow tech helpline guy and asked if/when they planned to expand their transitions, and he said, that as far as he knew, no one at ProShow Gold viewed the library as important, and there were no plans to improve it.

Thanks again,

-Gary

Return to PSG - General Discussion