Grid Lines

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Grid Lines

Postby Djanderson0817 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Several versions ago, we had a set of grid lines that could be turned-on and of. The lines were great, not only in zoom and pan applications, but also very useful in the placement of captions. Well, I have missed several of the revisions and now with 3.2010, I no longer can find them. Am I overlooking them, or are they gone?
Don
Canon Film & Digital Equipment

Grid Lines

Postby xekester » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:00 pm

Don,

I use Producer, but I assume this operation is the same in Gold. Double click on a slide to bring up the slide options window. Right click on the preview area. Click show grid. You can also change the grid spacing there as well.

Hope that helps,
John

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:43 pm

John's right, but at least in Gold it's called "Show Composition Lines". That right click menu item is present on all the submenus (eg: motion, edit, layers, etc) that are present on the Slide Options window that pops up.

However, in Gold I never seen any way to change the number or spacing of the grid lines. The grid is two lines in each direction dividing the image into 9 panels.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Postby xekester » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:32 pm

Thanks for the correction Dick. Again sorry I no longer have access to PS Gold.

John

Postby Djanderson0817 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks guys.

Did not think of the right click. That is the only place I did not look.
Don
Canon Film & Digital Equipment

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:46 pm

Isn't that the old story about it always being in the "last place you look" :wink:

ProShow has a lot of capability "hidden" under right-click menus, some of them in odd places. That would be okay if there was a good help file, but sadly far too many of these aren't in the help file at all.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - General Discussion