Help Me Please--Converting to flash for my website

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
reeselite

Help Me Please--Converting to flash for my website

Postby reeselite » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:24 am

In the tradition of me making things harder than they really are.....I am at my wits end.

I know that there are topics on this. I have been reading them for a few days off and on. I was up until 2:00 this morning and then most of today. I have searched for

Flash, Encoding, MPEG, Output optiions and more. I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I have a website. I want to post a demo show and create a portfolio page. I want to provide a way for people to see show on the photodex site. But I have to provide another way for the people who are not willing to download the plugin.

I have used Swish Video 3 and Sothink's encoder. I either get a video that is about the size of a half-dollar or one that's triple that but with distorted images.

My question is this.

Will one of you please come to my house and fix this for me?

:)

In PSG. I go to Create Output. Video File. Custom. MPEG 1. Resolution 352X288. Framerate 29.97. Aspect Ratio 4:3 (TV) Encoding Normal Quality. Desaturate images to 80% and then the antiflicker is ticked.

I create the file and then use Swish to change it to Flash. I put the SWF into my website which is hosted through web.com and then it's all icky from there.

Are my settings wrong when I create the MPEG? Or is there a better way to do it?

I have searched and searched so please....if anyone knows of a better way or can direct me to do something totally different, I'll take it.

Web.com apparently doesn't support WMV or I would have done that instead. All I want to do is create a portfolio page that isn't totally dependent on the plugin. I'm almost to the point of changing hosts just so I can find an easier way of posting my shows.

I had printed out the step-by-step instructions that mlanders posted on his workaround for flashfile-output, but I think that was only good for producer people. Unless there is a way to choose AVI that I can't see in gold.

Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Or, email me and I will give you directions to my house.

Anyone here in Ga?

:)

Reese

--the website link on my sig is not my soon-to-be-business site. It's just my blog. -- just in case anyone looks for the porfolio mess there. :)

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:08 pm

Reese

Try creating a show in the highest quality possible ..... in either MPG or an AVI. Then convert it with Swish and see if it's any better.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:39 pm

ok--going to crank everything up as high as I can and see what happens.....

I'll be back.

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:54 pm

Thanks so much for at least trying to help me. I really appreciate it.

I have tried it every which way I can and it's just a mess. Settings high = too long to load and freezes. Settings low = viewer the size of a dime.

I'll just have to live with pointing folks to photodex and hoping for the best until my professional web woman gets me up and running in a few (hopefully) weeks.

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time....

I need a drink.

reese

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:08 pm

Reese,

Can you post the url of the shows ..... how big is the file when you use the highest setting? Are you using DSL or something similar, or a dial up?

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Take a look at this site ...... not the best quality, but works OK.
http://culvercitycountry.com/11687bella ... lagio.html

I guess it depends on what you want to show. I found most people would not install the Photodex Presenter .... that's why I went to Flash. The size you were making your shows .... the quality should have been very good.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Postby nannybear » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:21 pm

Have you tried V2F??? by Topnet Solutions. Might help? cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:21 pm

Just peeking in before bed and reading through. I am on broadband....and your show is perfect and what I am trying to do.

I'm going to try one more thing in the morning and then I will get the show info so I can post it.

--Had not looked at Topnet before. I will check that out too.

Thanks so very much.

I'll be back.

reese

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:36 pm

Just wanted to pop in and thank you both for your help. What a mess. I have decided for now just to link to Photodex and hope for the best as far as the plugin goes. I have a professional that will be doing my website in December so I think I can hold off and leave things on the site I put together until then. I will publish it later today.

Going to spend more time working on my portfoilio and will let my flash-smart sister-in-law look at when she comes throughj town next week.

Thanks again for trying to help me........I really appreciate it.

reese

Postby nannybear » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:54 pm

http://members.shaw.ca/nannyphotos/Bunnies.htm

This is video that I took of bunnies in my yard and used V2F and uploaded. Just thought I would let you see it....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:52 am

thanks nannybear! when I recover from my batte with flash, I will use this on my next attempt.

I appreciate it!

reese

Postby rkligman » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:55 am

Why all the circus acrobatics? You can output directly to Flash from within the product and it even makes the web page to show it? Am I missing something in my reading of your message?
Rick Insane Diego...

Postby czali » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:24 am

Reese,

I use web.com as well and it can be done. I have only done it through Producer output of flash. You have to upload both the flv and swf file. Place them on top of each other with the flv file on top. I just tested it but you will probably not be happy with the quality. Why do you not upload the mpeg1 and autostart it? Hope it works and is what you are lookinf for.

Colleen

reeselite

Postby reeselite » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:16 pm

rkligman--because as I said before....I tend to make things harder than they are supposed to be. :) And I did try from within the product, but it would buffer forever. When I did actually get it to work from the encoder it would autostart. But in the wrong size.

BUT, I think I may see what I have missed....Colleen.....not sure what I did with the flv file. Thanks...I will check it out.

My husband and I are combining web hosts and he voted to move to lunarpages, so I will try it again once we move.

Thanks!

Return to PSG - General Discussion