DSLR buying need your thoughts

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Thanks

Postby coqui956 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:02 am

Hi All,

Again Thanks to each of you for you all your suggestions...After much thought and searching I did purchase the Fuji S9100...Unfortunately I was not pleased with the image and the consistency of them, note that it could of been me not the camera...I kept the camera for 2 weeks, truly loved its feature and ease of accessing them...But due to the image issue I returned it and decide to go for a real Dslr...Again each of use have a different trait the we seek from am image when we look at them... My next search along with your suggestions took me to the Nikon D40, Canon XT Rebel/350D and the Pentax K100D... Feature wise all were very close...All in All was the image comparison...I found to me that the Canon XT Rebel/350D produced the image I was most pleased with and so decide to purchase it...I picked it up for approx $538 includes kit lens, 1GB Kingston 133x memory plus freight, Purchased from JR.com, Very pleased with service, very courteous, no high pressure sells, items shipped fast, returning item was easy, they even sent me a prepaid ups shipping label through email. I would do business again with them...Note to All: Prices are 99% negotiable as long as you use reputable competition, 1 item may not be negotiable but others might be or can be added to the purchase at no charge to you... It never hurts to negotiate all they can say is no.

Thanks
Coqui956

Previous

Return to PSG - General Discussion