Dragging and dropping photos

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:04 pm

What I have done is downloaded a template that someone had made and I really liked. I got it saved into my PSP template folder and from there was able to open it into PSP. I then dragged and dropped some photos onto some of the slides (template) but some of the slides (templates) have several layers behind that you can not see when doing the dragging and dropping. I tried to open it and use the layers option but had no luck there either. (Sorry I am not that good at telling people what I want. But I hope this makes a little more sense. The grey are I am talking about is where someone has had a photo or photos before.
Now that I have written this I found this as well so maybe someone will understand what I mean :-)
“the blank Show Template displays blank placeholders indicating the location of any layer in the slide. Adding content to the template is a simple drag and drop process that allows you to choose which layer you would like to add content to." it goes on to tell you how to drag and drop over a placeholder. It appears as an empty box with a highlighted outline. And that is where I put the photo. But it does not explain about the ones you can not see.

Penny

Esteemed Member

Postby toad » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:45 pm

Hi Penny,
If I understand you corectly here is how you do it.
1. You have to double click the slide and go to the layers tab. You will see all the layers in the contents box.
2. Highlight the layer you want
3. On the right you will see "select file", click on that and you choose the photo you want.

I hope that helps.

Honorary ProShow PHD

Postby Penny47 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:12 pm

Hi Toad,
Thanks a million, it worked and I am over the moon. Now I can get on with a few things for myself. :-)

Thanks also to all those who have shared their wonderful "Templates"

Penny

Esteemed Member

Postby toad » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:48 am

I am glad I could help

Return to PSG - General Discussion