New Here

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Sabrina O.

New Here

Postby Sabrina O. » Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:39 pm

Hi everyone. I am brand new here and brand new to ProShow. I just purchased PSG and this forum factored into that decision. What a great group!

I have no experience with slideshow creation whatsoever but I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to create a slideshow for my husband's upcoming 40th birthday. I began with MovieMaker because it was already installed on my PC. I realized right away that I really enjoy doing this so I began to poke around for other programs that would offer more. I saw that ProShow seemed to get really good reviews so I downloaded the trial version. Then I began to poke around some more and found this group and now I'm officially a ProShow owner and enthusiast! :D

I am considering attending the training workshop in Tampa in January. Has anyone here attended the training workshop and could you give any feedback?

Anyway, thanks for reading. I'm sure you'll be getting plenty of questions from me.

Oh and BTW, you guys do some incredible work. I've looked at some of your shows and wow...can't wait till I get to your level.

Warmly,
Sabrina

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:11 pm

Welcome Sabrina,

Vidqueen (Jennifer) is the person to ask about the Photodex workshops. She has had the experience of lecturing at one. If I remember right she has commented about the last one she was at. A search of her posts may help you find it.

Brian

Postby Jerry Cole » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:26 pm

Sabrina,
Welcome to the forum. As you have already discovered, this is one of the best users groups anywhere on the web, I think this is especially true for a "newbie" (which I still consider myself). There are some extremely knowledgeable folks here. We all have our separate styles and focus, but watching the shows and reading the comments and critiques will exponentially accelerate your learning curve.

If you can't figure out how to do a certain thing that you see in one of the shows, just ask. Everyone here seems willing and eager to help you find a solution.

It is difficult to single out a single person among the "real pros" on this site since their shows never cease to amaze. Keep in mind that most everyone on the site will provide critique, comment and assistance, but in the end it is your show and you should make it the way you want it.

Well, enough from this old goat! Enjoy your journey!

Jer
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Postby alcain » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:34 pm

Sabrina, welcome! I am at your service to assist in any way I can, all you have to do is ask.

Blessings, ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Postby nannybear » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:08 pm

Welcome Sabrina!!! ditto all above, we will help.....cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

BethS

Postby BethS » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Welcome Sabrina!

I also "ditto" the above comments. Don't ever be afraid to post or show and tell. You will get some wonderful advice that will only make your shows better. There is so much knowledge and creativity here you will love it (while you wonder "how in the world do they know this?" LOL).

Enjoy!

Beth

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi Sabrina and welcome.

This is a great forum, friendly and helpful. Read the posts, ask questions, play with Proshow and learn.
Enjoy and have fun with Proshow (it's very addictive).

Brenda

Return to PSG - General Discussion