Music delay

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
BethS

Music delay

Postby BethS » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:26 am

Hi all,

Is there a way to add music beginning on the third or fourth slide. I want to fade in a picture for a couple of slide before the music begins.

Beth

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby Brenda » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:27 am

Hi Beth,

This link might help:

http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... ght=#30024

Brenda

BethS

Thanks

Postby BethS » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:37 am

Brenda,

Thanks for the link. The second I read it I realized that I can just add music to the show and turn the volume to zero for a few seconds to take up the space I need for about 3 seconds then I can add the real music I need and just fade it in. Hope it works or I will just have to go to plan B.

Beth

SSteve

Re: Thanks

Postby SSteve » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:55 am

BethS wrote:Brenda,

Thanks for the link. The second I read it I realized that I can just add music to the show and turn the volume to zero for a few seconds to take up the space I need for about 3 seconds then I can add the real music I need and just fade it in. Hope it works or I will just have to go to plan B.

Beth

Beth
Not sure if this will help you.But my method when I want a space silent in my folder I keep for all the things to do with slide shows is a folder called silent space.Over a period of time I have maybe 15 in there fro 3 seconds to 25 seconds.I use the recorder that came with your PC just turn the vol.down cut it like I want I also use the built in effect to resize it then save.That is dropped in where ever I need it works great.Now when the music does start it starts in the beginning of the tune.
Steve

Postby Jerry Cole » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Beth,
Am I missing something here? You want to start the show with 3 slides of silence and then have the music start on the 4th slide? If you right click on the soundtrack area and click on "Manage Soundtracks" you can set the offset to start the music wherever you want.
Jerry
San Diego Guy
PSG, PSP, PSE8 & Nikon D80 user
"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:50 pm

Nope, Jerry, you're not missing anything I can see -- or maybe we're both missing it?

Beth, alternatively, you can drop the music file onto the slide where you want it to start and select the 'continue past end of slide' button.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

BethS

That's it

Postby BethS » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:25 pm

So easy to do and so easy to miss. That would be the trick that I need. Thanks!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby DickK » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:37 pm

Like so many things, it's obvious once point out and a mystery until then! And like nearly everything about making slide shows, there's more than one way to get there.

Dick
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle ((PSG, PSE & Fuji HS20 user)) Presentation Impact Blog

Return to PSG - General Discussion