Newbie help with closing curtain

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
tedberman

Newbie help with closing curtain

Postby tedberman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:42 pm

I am very new to PSP. I am doing a slide show for my sister's golden wedding anniversary. At the end I want to have a slide with the caption "The End" and then close the curtain over the caption. I have a blank slide with the caption and extended the 2nd keyframe for the caption so that it stays on the screen as the curtain closes. The transition is doors close. Next slide has the red curtain jpg image. Everything works well, except that the text of the caption is in front of the red curtain. I want the text to be behind the curtain. Is there a way to do this, or maybe another way to set this up?

Any help would be appreciated. I think I love PSP but need to learn more about it

Ted

tedberman

Postby tedberman » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:50 pm

Maybe I found a work around. By using adobe to create a image of the "The End" and then inserting it into the slide. When the curtain closes the text is behind the image. PSP must treat captions as always being in front

Esteemed Member

Postby nantory » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:57 pm

Do this as two different slides. First put the caption on a blank slide for the amount of time you want it and then do the transition of the closing door and then have the curtains in the next slide. Hope this helps.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:34 am

Ted

You are correct, caption text is always the top 'layer'. Your work around is correct.

Brian

TracyM

Re: Newbie help with closing curtain

Postby TracyM » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:11 am

It is true the captions will always be on the top layer but you can set the caption to be below transitions. If you're using a curtain closing effect go to your caption list and click on the T button next to your caption. The other method mentioned works as well but I've found it easier to just put the caption below the transition in my shows.

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:00 am

Sorry Tracy :oops: you are so right.

I'd forgotten all about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Brian

TracyM

Postby TracyM » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:36 am

No problemo. You just have to promise to remind me next time I forget something. :)

briancbb wrote:Sorry Tracy :oops: you are so right.

I'd forgotten all about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Brian

Return to PSG - General Discussion