NEW to Forum

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Michelle_Lee

NEW to Forum

Postby Michelle_Lee » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:11 pm

Hello everybody!

I'm new here, and am soooooooo glad to have found this forum! I've been trying to learn advanced features from the proshow tutorials, but they are no help, which left me watching the featured shows and trying to fiqure out How They Done That???

I've been practising and practicing to no avail, esp. because they say that they are all CREATED in Proshow, so i thought i must have been able to do it all in there, but i seem to be coming to the conclusion that you may need help from photo editing software on the side to do the more fancy, advanced features... is this the case?

I've downloaded a trial version of Photoshop, but cant seem to figure it out. Will i need it to succeed?

My Slideshows at the moment are more like Slideshows, and im just wondering how to go from, basic slideshows to AMAZING - Like the Feature Photographer in Watch Shows?

I'll see if i can figure out how to load 1 of my shows on so you can judge my shows for yourselves...

Extremely Excited about having people to discuss Proshow with!

Michelle :D

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby briancbb » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:12 am

Michelle

Welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

I believe that the tutorials created on the Photodex site are ALL done in Proshow. Amazing isn't it.

Now many people on this site do use a photo editor, there are many that can be used, this thread may help http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.php?t=4125 . These days some sort of editor is almost essential to correct the errors made when we first took the photo :oops: , we're not all experts at this.

Take your time on this forum and perhaps do a search on 'tutorial' with the user names vidqueen and nannybear to start with. You may want to play the tutorial several times, this thread will tell you how to save a Presenter show so that you don't have to download it everytime you want to view.
http://www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewt ... ikey#23962 , about 8 messages down.

Brian

Michelle_Lee

Postby Michelle_Lee » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:12 am

Hi Brian,
Thankyou so much for your speedy reply, those links are very helpful! I'm going to look into them now and start on my learning curb.

Thanks again
Michelle

Postby nannybear » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:18 am

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the fourm. It is a great place to be. Check out the sample shows on here then post your question with a link to the show and we can usually tell you how it is done. Follow Brian's advice, he is right on the money. Cheers Jan
http://www.janstephens.com or http://www.oilswithjananddonna.com/
Graphic Design, Essential Oils, Click and Grow gardening, Cooking and Merge Dragons - PSP latest - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
You can find me on Facebook, come visit!!

ProShow Hall of Fame

Postby 57Corvette » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:38 am

Michelle,

I don't have much more to add to the advise of Brian and Jan .... just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the forum. Don't feel you need to get all the answers over-night. They will come to you the more you work with the program. We're all here to help answer your questions and give honest opinions of your work.

The best course is to upload one of your shows and let us take a look at it. Eventually, you may want to get some 3rd.party software to help enhance your shows ...... there are some freebies out there so you don't need to spend a lot of money on them. Your shows don't have to "match up" to others . they only have to please you. I look forward to your participation with us.

Bob
Nikon D80
ProShow Producer
CS3 Extended
Paint Shop Pro xi

Esteemed Member

Postby nwenban » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi Michelle,

Another Aussie here, 1st thing you need to do to share shows is sign up for an account with Photodex
http://www.photodex.com/sharing/learn.html

To share a show, open it in Proshow, and on the toolbar is a "Share Show" button. When your show is ready just click the "Share Show" button & Proshow will take you through the steps to get it onto your Photodex account you have just created.

It's fairly straight forward, but it you hit any snags, your have plenty of help here.

Neville

Location: Beautiful Virginia Beach, Virginia StarlightPPS.com

Welcome

Postby alcain » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:27 pm

Michelle, welcome to the forum. We all will help you any way we can. ~al
Using Producer V4, PS CS5, and the Nikon D80, D90 & D7000 for all of my professional work.
BFA with a major in Communication Design, Texas State University, 1978
And now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Return to PSG - General Discussion