How to Burn DVD w/o Menu and NO looping

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

How to Burn DVD w/o Menu and NO looping

Postby mrhagerty » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 am

I'm new here so there may be an existing post for this (I haven't found it yet in search) -

My wrinkle is that I don't want a menu AND I don't want the video to loop.

I want to create a DVD that simply starts when closing the tray on the DVD player and just ends when finished (no looping).
Is that possible with ProShow Gold 8?

Mike

Re: How to Burn DVD w/o Menu and NO looping

Postby heckydog » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:00 pm

As far as I know, it can't be done in PSP so it probably can't be done in PSG.

To do what you're asking would require that the software can set a "First Play" action and, most importantly, set an "End Action". The end action would be either a stop or exit command.

Most dvd authoring software can do what you're looking for. I found one called DVDStyler that is free. I've never used it (I use Adobe Encore) but I saw a tutorial on youtube that looks like it's not too hard to learn. And it appears it does what you need (but I didn't test it :wink: )

You would want to output your slide show as a single video with all the effects and transitions included. Then open the authoring program to create the files for your dvd, preferably as an iso file. Then use burning software like Imgburn to create the dvd.

Here's a link to DVDStyler if you need it: https://www.dvdstyler.org/en/downloads

and a link to one of the youtube tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSn0OtXKHfU

I can try and answer any questions you may have regarding the procedures needed.

Joe

Esteemed Member

Postby Marie78 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:57 am

Hi

In PSP you can choose NO menu. The loop seems to be linked to menu then no menu must be no loop.

But some DVD readers loop automaticaly...
Chris Marie

Postby heckydog » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 am

Maybe someone with PSG can test that. It might be the simplest solution.

Joe

update on Sept 14:
Using PSP 7, I created a dvd iso file with no menu. I then played the file with PowerDVD 16. The dvd looped back and started playing the video again. It appears the default end action is to go back to the beginning of the file, in this case to start playing the file again.

Using my dvd authoring software, I created a dvd iso file that had STOP as the end action. When played in PowerDVD 16, the dvd stopped after playing one time.

Postby mrhagerty » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks for all your responses. I did find that doing an HD burn using the new AVCHD does in fact create a no menu auto run disc as mandatory. But it only then plays on Blu Ray players.

It's only a wish-to-have. So far very pleased with the quality and flexibility of Proshow.

In a show I'm doing, I replicated film using slides in a storm sequence. I can get lightning to cascade downward creating the effect of motion. It's all in working with the rich selection of transitions.

Mike

Return to PSG - General Discussion