Export to loss-less file format?

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Export to loss-less file format?

Postby Dakota_Dude » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:54 am

Is it possible to export my timeline to a loss-less file format? I can't find any in the export options.

Re: Export to loss-less file format?

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Not sure, but I think Gold can export to "uncompressed AVI" but that sucker gets big fast !! (that is how I used to create segments of my show that I then imported into Sony Vegas to assemble and do other things to it).
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby Dakota_Dude » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:41 am

Under "AVI" in the export options, I could not find "uncompressed" as an option. All AVI options are MPEG-4.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:08 am

I don't know if Gold has it (I have Producer on my system), but one of the options under "create" is "custom video file" and one of the format options there is "AVI - uncompressed". Sorry I can't be more help, but I don't have Gold on my system so I can't check it there.

You might also want to check out this older thread - cineform was one option we discussed, but I have not installed it on my system so I can't help there. I think it is time to get my coffee --- brain fading :twisted: www.proshowenthusiasts.com/viewtopic.ph ... 2&p=175620

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby Dakota_Dude » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:34 am

Hey man -- thanks for getting back to me. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, there is no "create" heading or option in Gold that I can find. :cry:

Enjoy your coffee!!! :D

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:47 am

Take a look in the manual for Gold ( http://files.photodex.com/docs/manuals/ProShowGold7.pdf ) in the section on " creating video Output" starting at pg. 369 - they do give you the option of custom settings and although they don't mention it, I suspect you will find "uncompressed" as an option. Hopefully someone with Gold on their system can verify it - you might also either email Photodex or call them if you are in the US - they actually respond to emails and phone calls (unlike most software "support" these days :twisted: )

mikey (and yes, coffee is helping!! )

Postby Dakota_Dude » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:56 am

That was a good suggestion. I went into the custom file area and customized an AVI using the "raw" setting. Unfortunately, the file that is produced is blank (no video), even though the file size is big. And I can't import the file into Premiere ("Unsupported format or damaged file")

Oh well...I think I will go back to Premiere and Encore...

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:33 pm

Well, like I said, you might contact Photodex and ask them - see what they say. Good luck.

Return to PSG - General Discussion