Saving for DVD with multiple shows.

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Saving for DVD with multiple shows.

Postby SteveFromOz » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi all,

I have just created a show (PSG 6.0.3410) using multiple (7) video files. I spent a long while creating a custom menu then saved the project. I created an ISO file which I wrote to a disc. However, when I reopened the project it did not have the menu I created. I need to make multiple copies, so I am glad I wrote it as an ISO file, otherwise all that work would be lost.

Is there a way of saving the menus I created?

Regards,

Steve

Re: Saving for DVD with multiple shows.

Postby ginger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:34 pm

After you Customize your menu, while at the Menu Theme and Layout screen, look to the lower left and see Menu Settings and under that should be Menu Template and the option to Save the menu. I save my menus with the show or project. Then you can go back and open it and edit it if necessary. I hope that's what you meant.

Edit: These instructions are for Producer v6, not sure if Gold has the same feature.

ginger

Postby SteveFromOz » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks Ginger.

I finally figured that out, what I am looking for is a way to save the entire DVD production as a PSG show with all the added shows so I don't have to go and recreate the entire DVD show. I have yet to see if saving the template will achieve what I want, although in a limited way. I should not have to go through the process of selecting DVD, then adding shows, then publishing the DVD. I should be able to open just one file, make a few changes, then publish. Saving the show as an ISO file is fine, but I can't edit the menus on that AFAIK.

Regards,

Steve

Postby ginger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:35 pm

It sounds like what you want is "Projects" which I think might only be available in ProShow Producer. A "Project" in Producer is a file that contains several shows and they can be worked on together. (When you open a project file it automatically opens all of the individual show files in different tabs inside the project.)

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come by and verify that or provide an alternative.

ginger

Return to PSG - General Discussion