How to Append one show to another??

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

How to Append one show to another??

Postby ronald11103 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:26 am

Pro Show Gold 6

I have a slide show I would like to append intact to the end of another slide show. Because the slide timings and sync to sound tracks are somewhat complex I don't want to have to redo and re-sync everything in the new show. Can this be done?

Thanks!

Re: How to Append one show to another??

Postby cherub » Fri May 22, 2015 5:18 pm

No, I'm afraid that it cannot be done the way you want it.
While the slides from one show can be added to the end of another show quite easily, the music will need to be inserted once again. You will not be able to maintain the synchronization.

The appending is done by a simple "copy" and "paste"
Open your second show and select all the styles, (Control+A) and then "Copy" (Control+C)
Close this show.
Open your first show, and at the end of it, use (Control+V) to paste the slides.

Perhaps if you write down the times of each piece of music in your second show, and play with offsetting and some calculations, you will be able to remake your soundtrack.

Postby ronald11103 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:04 pm

How about creating a video (mp4?) of the first slideshow then adding the video to the second slide show?? Will that work?

Postby cherub » Fri May 22, 2015 7:07 pm

ronald11103 wrote:How about creating a video (mp4?) of the first slideshow then adding the video to the second slide show?? Will that work?

It will most probably work, but having to convert to video twice instead of just once, may affect the quality of the final output.

Postby ronald11103 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:20 am

Thanks Mona. I'll give the video a shot and if I don't like the results I'll bite the bullet and do the work to re-sync the audio.

Return to PSG - General Discussion