Caption on slide question

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Caption on slide question

Postby Lulu348 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:20 am

This is a little different than my questions below. I'm doing another show and it's been 4 months, so I'm forgetful. I want to add a caption on a slide. I have:

1. Clicked on my slide.
2. Added my caption over on the right hand side, picked out font, size, color.
3. I want it centered at the top in the middle, so I've drug it over there.
4. When I hit OK...it goes way over to the left.

How do I keep it centered and at the top? Also, I have forgotten how to show it coming on the picture. It's sliding on and I don't want it to do that. Where do I choose my option?

Another questions. I want to create a title slide. I normally use what is offerend on proshow and just add text. However, can I add an image from the internet? For instance, i want to start a slide that says, "Walt Disney World" and use a fun image out there. Not sure how to do it since I didn't take the picture and it's not one that is already offered on ProShow to use.

Thanks.

Re: Caption on slide question

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:52 am

On the caption screen, you'll see buttons for text positioning. One of them is for centered and should be the second button from left. Create your caption and click the centering button. To get the caption closer to the top of the screen, drag it up, and then to make sure it's centered, check the Position boxes. The one on the left (horizontal position) should be zero. If it isn't, change it to zero.

You could, I suppose, use an image that isn't yours as long as the show is never seen by anyone other than you and maybe your family, but it's not exactly legal. Perhaps you could instead use one of your own photos that you've changed in an image editor--color, shape, opacity, etc.

Barbara
The Frame Locker - styles, transitions, frames, backgrounds, & more.
Subscribe to Frame Locker News for alerts to new products.
How-to's: ProShowThink

Postby debngar » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:05 am

Also check fly-in and fly-out boxes to see what options are chosen. It could be set on something like fly right or left for instance. Try fade in and fade out if you want it to stay in the same place and be sure start and end location are set the same.
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby Tisha » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:24 am

Thank you both. The problem has been fixed! (lulu) signing in as another name because i couldn't remember my password.

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:00 am

Tisha wrote:signing in as another name because i couldn't remember my password.

I've a short list of passwords that I use, so if one doesn't work, I go down the list until another one does. It's fine except for sites that insist on a mix of caps, lowercase, and numbers. Combine this with ATM passwords and other things of that ilk, and we all need a secretary trailing behind us.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:59 am

I have a program called "Data Vault" that runs on my PC (also available for IOS devices etc.) that stores the passwords, software keys etc. in an encrypted database). It can also sync between iOS and the PC etc. (the data is actually encrypted, not just a password protect on the front end). http://www.ascendo-inc.com/ Been using it for several years now and it works quite well.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:16 am

Mikey, I just took a look at it, and it says nothing about PC's, just phones and all other things Apple.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:40 am

It isn't real obvious, but is in the text for the iPhone etc. - see here: http://www.ascendo.co/windows-password-manager.php

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby BarbaraC » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:50 am

Thar be the wee devil!

For $9.95, it's not a bad deal.

Barbara

Postby gpsmikey » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:16 pm

I forgot to add - the chief reason I picked that one (several years ago) was that it was available for Winders, iOS AND the MacOS (and it is easy to sync between the iOS version and the windows version). Lots of other ones out there, but at the time, they only ran on one platform. We now return you to the original thread :D

mikey

Return to PSG - General Discussion