Want to put show onto stick to play through TV

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Honorary ProShow PHD

Want to put show onto stick to play through TV

Postby Penny47 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:26 pm

I posted earlier that I wanted to put a show onto a Stick for my granddaughter to play on a TV they now tell me the format is MP3 I can't find anything like that is it possible to do this and if so how do I go about it?

Thanks Penny

Re: Want to put show onto stick to play through TV

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:40 am

As far as I know, mp3 is for music. mp4 is a video format (as is mpeg2 etc.). There are different "flavors" of mp4, but that is a common format. Ask them for the make and model of the TV they plan to use and grab a copy of the users manual for it - it will tell you what formats it accepts. From Wikipedia ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP3 )
MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III,[4] more commonly referred to as MP3, is an audio coding format for digital audio which uses a form of lossy data compression. It is a common audio format for consumer audio streaming or storage, as well as a de facto standard of digital audio compression for the transfer and playback of music on most digital audio players.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Honorary ProShow PHD

Re: Want to put show onto stick to play through TV

Postby Penny47 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:37 am

Hi Mikey thanks for that as I read your reply I realized that MP3 is for music only so I am just going to go ahead and make an MP4 and if that does not work they will take their laptop and use that. I am sure I have been through this with a DVD player that I bought a long while back. Thanks again for your help.

Penny

Return to PSG - General Discussion