Music fading....

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Music fading....

Postby rachel77 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:19 pm

I use Pro Show Gold and for the first time am putting 2 short video clips into it. How do I fade out the music when the video starts yet can I have the music pick up where I faded it out when it ends? I got the audio to just go silent when video starts but it just keeps going so when the video clip ends the song is that much farther over. Does that make sense. To make a long story short is there no way to actually stop the audio and then start it again after the video?

Re: Music fading....

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:08 pm

Not really stop the audio. The only way you can do what you want ("pausing" the audio) is to split the song - put the first part of it before the video then the second part after the video. You can sort of achieve the same thing with two copies of the same song and fade out the back part of it for the first copy then fade out the first part to the same point in the second copy and put the two copies on the timeline (you would use the "Edit Fades and Timing"). Not sure if Gold has this feature also, but in the timeline view, click on the song so it is selected. Now there is a bounding box around the song and you can grab the ends of the box and drag it to shorten either the front or back and you can grab the corners to adjust the fade in/fade out. I think Gold has that feature as well as producer.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Return to PSG - General Discussion