Replacing one song

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Replacing one song

Postby Lulu348 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:42 am

I have 10 songs attached to my slideshow. There is one song I want to delete and replace with another song in the same spot. Can I do that, or do I have to start all over again? If I can, how do I?

Re: Replacing one song

Postby im42n8 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:37 am

Managing the soundtracks isn't hard but, it's not exactly a walk in the park either. It 'could' be made easier than it is (maybe). So, with that said, you can't simply replace a soundtrack with another.

However, this is how you can do it. In the show options, where you're managing the soundtracks (double click on the soundtrack in necessary), select the soundtrack (from the soundtrack list) you want to delete and hit the "-" button (it's now removed). Next, add a soundtrack using the "+" button (select "add sound file" from the popup menu), navigate to the desired song track, select it, click Open). The selected soundtrack will appear at the bottom of the soundtrack list. Use the ^ arrow button to move it up where it belongs. Next, make any soundtrack offset adjustments you need to that track and any that follow it.

That's pretty much it.

Good luck

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Re: Replacing one song

Postby Lulu348 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 am

Thank you! It worked. I see what you say in that you have to delete, then add...and then redo the timing. I did go into the deleted song first to see what i set the time for it to be (i decreased the play time when i first added it), then made the sure the subsequent song had the same time so it fit right in. I appreciate your help!

Return to PSG - General Discussion