Marking Files

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Marking Files

Postby bmcguire1959 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 pm

I just bought PSG6 for here at work. I have a way earlier version at home. In the earlier version the thumbnail of the slide I used in the show would have a green check mark on it. In PSG6 I don't see that feature. Is it something you turn on? I have 300 photos in the file list and it would be nice to easily see which ones I have use. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Marking Files

Postby im42n8 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 pm

You should have to do nothing. Not only is the image used identified but, the number of times it's used is indicated right next to the checkmark. At least it's supposed to be.

Make sure your files list is the one containing the images being used in the show you are looking at (or selected). It's not always that way. If you're absolutely sure that even one image in the directory you're looking at IS being used, it should show up.

Now, to make absolutely sure, you can collect the images in that show. In TOOLS, select the Collect Show Files. Browse to the folder where your show is (or where you want the images to be collected) using the "Copy to Folder" option. If you don't want duplicate images (of images already there) to be given a ## extension (where ## starts at 00 and adds from there), check the checkbox (overwrite existing files). Then, after the collection is done you should be asked if you want to use the current show or the one just collected -- chose the one just collected. Now, see if the selected images (the ones used in your show) are shown as being used (that is, the checkbox on the thumbnail that you've been looking for). If you still don't see it, you may have to delete the PHD file (located in root of the installation folder). You could exit and come back into the program too to see if anything has changed, indication-wise.

NOTE: all collected images are now located in the "images" folder created in the folder where the show is located (or whatever folder you had the program point to when you collected those images).

Well, that's all I can think of right now ... unless I missed something. :)

Good luck!

Dale
What's New: Tools for ProShow: v11.42a Access ProShow capabilities Photodex doesn't provide (For PSG & PSP).
FPVP Blog "Making the Difficult Easier," FPVP News

Postby gpsmikey » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:49 pm

I'm not sure why you are not seeing the green checkmark. On Producer (latest version), I see not only the green checkmark, but beside it, the number of times the image is used in the show. Are you sure you are displaying the same directory you took the images from (I have made that mistake before!) ? Double click one of the slides. When the "Slide Options" window opens, hover the mouse over the layer with your image in it. It should show the path to the image - does that match the folder you have displayed?

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby bmcguire1959 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:37 am

Thanks for your suggestions. I tried both and no luck. I am sure I am using the same images as the directory. I tried the collection thing and also a restart. Still no green check marks.

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:47 am

If you are in the US, I would suggest calling Photodex support (they actually answer the phones and have real people there!!) if you are outside the US, drop them an email - they should get back reasonably fast. I have not seen your issue before and can't reproduce it here, so I'm not sure what the problem is you are seeing.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby cherub » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:36 am

bmcguire1959 wrote:Thanks for your suggestions. I tried both and no luck. I am sure I am using the same images as the directory. I tried the collection thing and also a restart. Still no green check marks.

Just an afterthought:

Is the program on you computer set to View Thumbnails in the file list, or just file details?
Because the green marks appear only in the thumbnails view.
In "details" you see just the names of the files, with a number next to them, showing the times a certain file has been used in a show.

Postby bmcguire1959 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:30 pm

after doing everything that was said, I added a picture to my show from the thumbnail list. It had a green check mark. None of the others I had used did. so I added them all again and now they all have a check mark. My best guess is the photo's file lives on our server, and the show is on my C drive. Once I collected everything as suggested and "started over" the check marks appeared.
Thanks all for your help.

Return to PSG - General Discussion