Help---Photo Edit Program

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related
Valued Member

Help---Photo Edit Program

Postby mcdonto » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:52 pm

I need to find a photo edit program....here's my message to Mikey:

Hi Mikey, I hope you can help me This last year (Feb) I got a new computer, custom built because our computer was so outdated. Anyway, I had a photo edit program called "Picture It" that I used to edit my pictures for my ProShows. It was so easy but it's an older program that is not compatible to my Windows 7 Home Premium operating system. Can you please recommend a program that I can use to edit my pictures? I haven't done a show since then but I'm now ready to do a show of my great niece's first birthday party. If there's any other system information you need let me know. I'm SO desperate to get a good picture edit program!!

Any help you could give me would be very much appreciated

Thanks,
Tonya

Hi Tonya - well, you might try gimp - it is a free one. I don't have a lot of experience with the various programs - I have been using Photoshop for some time - got tired of the others and paid the $$$. Good program and lots of good tutorials out there (which was a big issue with the other programs I had tried). There is also Photoshop Elements which is cheaper than Photoshop by quite a ways but without all the power (I tried playing with it in the past and found it was not a "subset of Photoshop" (at least for me) that a lot of people have said. You might just ask the same basic question in the forum - I do know that there are lots of people that do not use Photoshop (I think gimp may be second). I used to use PhotoImpact (not sure if it is even still around) but got tired of the poor documentation as well as no tutorials out there (Lynda.com has a tremendous number of tutorials on Photoshop and other Adobe things). Sorry I can't give you any better information than that, but I simply don't have any recent experience with anything other than Photoshop. Corel (which was bought out by somebody I think) also has their suite which includes Corel Draw and Corel Paint or something like that. ( I have an older version of Corel Draw that you can mostly get to run on Win7 - I liked it for the ability to put together graphic things and import images etc. - last time I checked though, it was old enough that I didn't get any credit towards an upgrade and would have to pay full price. I passed, but I believe a number of folks in the forum do use the Paint portion (their image editing program).

I need help in finding a good user friendly program to edit my pics for ProShow. Thanks for any one who can give me some suggestions. I'd like to try gimp, but want to hear back from the forum first :)

You all have been so helpful & I appreciate any information you can give me :) Love this forum!
Tonya

Re: Help---Photo Edit Program

Postby Astra » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm

I would recommend PaintShop - Corel :
PaintShop ProX7 (latest version): $48.99
... or: PaintShop ProX7 - Ultimate: $58.99
link: https://store.paintshoppro.com/1184/cat ... ader=pspro
...(using it for years)....
Alex/Astra

Return to PSG - General Discussion