reinstallation

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

reinstallation

Postby bwisslead » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:55 pm

I just reinstalled the proshow gold program, and when I try to put a picture in the program, it shows up in the
slide as horizontal lines, the picture is completely lost. I am completely lost. Please help.

Re: reinstallation

Postby gpsmikey » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:30 pm

Two things come to mind - 1) the picture is corrupted - try a different one to see if it is the same or 2) something got screwed up on the install. Try downloading the latest version you are eligible for from Photodex again and try re-installing it (turn your antivirus off first - some people have had issues with the AV corrupting the install - don't forget to re-enable it again after installing). Let us know how that goes.

mikey
You can't have too many gadgets or too much disk space !!
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)
Lots of PIC and Arduino microprocessor stuff too !!

Postby bwisslead » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:40 pm

I have tried reinstalling proshow and several different pictures. They all show in the slide tray as horizontal lines. They look like regular pictures in the folders list. this happens with several pictures, taken at different times and of different scenes. I have also wondered if the program was for windows XP when I purchased it and now will not work on windows 7 home premium. I am somewhat cyber challenged so would need help to change this setting. Thanks
Bob

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:55 pm

I'm not sure what you are running into since I have not experienced that "feature". You don't indicate where you are located, but if in the US, give Photodex a call tomorrow and see if they can help with that issue. As for what OS it runs on, I have 6.0.3410 (the current release) running just fine on Win 7/64 with no issues. It should also run fine on XP although I have not run it on XP recently I think quite a few people here are still running XP. One other thing you might try - someone else just ran into an issue that we did not expect where re-installing didn't clear everything we expected. In the install directory, there will be two files called proshow.cfg and proshow.phd - delete those two file then start Proshow again and see if that fixes the problem (those two files will be re-created with default values when you start Proshow).

mikey
mikey (PSP6, Photoshop CS6, Vegas Pro 14, Acid 7, BluffTitler, Nikon D300s, D810)

Postby bwisslead » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:54 pm

Where do you find the install directory, and how do you access it? Yes I live in the U.S. Will try to
call photodex tomorrow if necessary.
Thanks
Bob

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:59 pm

If you RIGHT click on the desktop icon for Proshow and select "Properties", the "target" will list the path to the executable which is in the install directory. On my machine (Win7/64) that is C:\Program Files (x86)\Photodex\ProShow Producer

mikey

Postby bwisslead » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks for your suggestions, tried them, with little luck. Followed your suggestion and called Photodex.
The Tech. said my version was to old to use with 7, so I uninstalled. Two days later I got an email
from another tech. who gave several ways to make it work. I tried them and one of them worked. A special thanks to you and the tech who went above and beyond what was required.
thanks
bob

Postby gpsmikey » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:17 pm

Glad to hear they were able to get you up and running again!

mikey

Return to PSG - General Discussion