Switching to PSP Group

Discuss anything ProShow Gold related

Switching to PSP Group

Postby hcajones » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Well, I'm probably missing something obvious and will feel like an idiot, but I've dead ended. I have been in the PSG group for some time. I recently upgraded to PSP and now want to switch to that group. FAQs tells me to go to the user groups tab at my user control panel and click on the user groups tab to change groups. But when I do that, nothing appears that would allow me to change groups, and I can't find any other way to do it. What am I missing?

As always, thanks for your help.

Re: Switching to PSP Group

Postby cherub » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:53 pm

There are no "groups" here, in this forum :D but there are "sections"

You simply browse to the lower part of the forum, where you will see the PSP section with all the sub sections.
All you need to do is to post there, in the appropriate part: PSP General Discussion, PSP Troubleshooting, etc, etc. :D

Congratulations on your new ProShow Producer !

Edit post:
I just took a look at the User Control Panel that you mentioned.
The groups there refer to something else entirely, and not related to PSP/PSG. That is something done by the Administrator of the forum, and it has nothing to do with us, the other mortals. :D

Postby debngar » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:58 am

There are two groups, actually. But they're not related to Gold or Producer specifically. The administrator controls both of them and users do not have any control over them. The second one, I assume, is for those who have sent in the required agreement to the posting rules to the administrator so to have ability to post in that section.
ucp.php?i=167
Registered users
Registered users - shows

As Mona stated, just post wherever you wish in the sections that relate to the subject to be discussed. I'm a Producer user but sometimes post replies to threads in the Gold section, as do some other users. :D
Debbie
Photography http://deborah-green.com

Postby hcajones » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:39 am

Thank you for clearing this up for me.

Return to PSG - General Discussion